I'm personally more excited about Vilma than who we take at 10 (1 Viewer)

BulldogSaint

Very Banned
Reaction score
This guy is the clutch to our D. They got him for a reason. We may or may not go D in the first round. I know we all for the most part want us to. But Vilma is here to play, and he is going to be a HUGE part of our success this year. I don't care who we draft. I feel like he was a diamond misplaced in the rough and we plucked it out. He's glad to be here(HUGE +) He's a beast at his natural place on the field, which he will get here(+ again). We kinda just got away with a nice draft pick in our own right with his age. He seems like too good of a person to not have his knee be ok. I'm pumped.

I agree, even if we draft Sedrick Ellis or Glenn Dorsey, I'll be more excited about Jonathan Vilma come training camp and preseason.

I am very pumped about number 51. He will make our defense better for sure, more so than any rookie can.

Balanced teams win consistantly, and Vilma gets us one step closer to being a balanced team.

Remember in '06. Our offense was great, but our defense and special teams performed well too. Alot of the big plays early in the year that got the team off te ground were special teams plays: Gleasons punt block, Reggies return.

Our offense is our biggest strength, but without the support of the defense and special teams, we lose.

I'm still waiting for everyone to tell me about how DRC is the best player to come out of college since clark kent

Think, we are potentially going from one of the worst MLBs in the league to a top 5 MLB. How awesome does that sound? Man, I really hope Vilma can return to his great form and be the player for us that he once was in NY.

i'm with you. these injury concerns are a joke, people are trying to make out that he and morgan have the same of odds of playing. Vilma has a very "normal" injury and he will be out there at full streangth for us and he is a FORCE out there. He'll play fine with our sub-par DTs, but if we get some big strong DT he will have over 150 tackles. an elite LB

I'm still waiting for everyone to tell me about how DRC is the best player to come out of college since clark kent

Wrong thread. This one is about Jonathan Vilma.

i'm with you. these injury concerns are a joke, people are trying to make out that he and morgan have the same of odds of playing. Vilma has a very "normal" injury and he will be out there at full streangth for us and he is a FORCE out there. He'll play fine with our sub-par DTs, but if we get some big strong DT he will have over 150 tackles. an elite LB

I am not laughing.

I am ultra excited about Vilma, but am not going to say yet if I am more excited than our 1st round draft pick because we don't know who it is yet. I think if Dorsey or Ellis get picked, I might be more excited about them than Vilma. I also think that I would be ultra excited if we got Rivers and Laws in 1 and 2.

I am not laughing.

I'm not either.

I hope Vilma can do it, but he is only jogging now, not ready to run yet.

Folks, I have my fingers crossed, this could be the boost our D needs, but everybody calm down. Lets not jump the gun til we know more.

I'll laugh later.

ddd

Think, we are potentially going from one of the worst MLBs in the league to a top 5 MLB. How awesome does that sound?

Sounds great from here!

Man, I really hope Vilma can return to his great form and be the player for us that he once was in NY.

What if he pulls a Drew Brees and is actually BETTER than ever?

Why are people scared to be excited about a player on this board, everytime someone tries to pump a player up, there is always someone who wants to point out the negative, like we don't know the negative, we know the negative about these players (Vilma and Morgan...or whoever) being excited about a player is not being blind about the negative possibilities.

I'm maintaining the faith that Vilma will be good ta go and that there will be a minimal amount of residual affects from the knee job. I just don't feel like hanging on to the negative side of this and I really do think he'll be just fine *pray*. I can't wait to see him running our D and I hope he does it for many years to come.

You're right. It's all perception and assumption, meily. Some choose to see the good, some choose to see the bad.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom