Im proud of our FO (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Man, I'm glad they are really going after it... Rumor that we have a done deal to trade our 4th to Jets for Vilma, Rumor that we have contacted G Men about Shockey... Wow this is a Christmas come early... Now if we can sign Briggs then i could care less about other FA besides turner...

....if things work out in the draft as i expect they will, this could be one helluva off-season for the Saints......GO FO

Man, I'm glad they are really going after it... Rumor that we have a done deal to trade our 4th to Jets for Vilma, Rumor that we have contacted G Men about Shockey... Wow this is a Christmas come early... Now if we can sign Briggs then i could care less about other FA besides turner...

On Sportscenter earlier, John Clayton confirmed Mort's reports that we have contacted the Giants about Shockey.

On Sportscenter earlier, John Clayton confirmed Mort's reports that we have contacted the Giants about Shockey.

But also said its highly unlikely they would let him go anyway and if they did would want 2 picks, including a second or even first. He's not worth that coming off an injury and possible attitude issues.

So far we have resigned several saints and traded for Vilma. I dont think we've really seen anything yet to say how good the FO is doing. Im sure offers are always thrown out at this time?

But also said its highly unlikely they would let him go anyway and if they did would want 2 picks, including a second or even first. He's not worth that coming off an injury and possible attitude issues.

So far we have resigned several saints and traded for Vilma. I dont think we've really seen anything yet to say how good the FO is doing. Im sure offers are always thrown out at this time?

It doesn't really matter what the Giants want, it's what they will accept. Fact of the matter is Shockey doesn't want to be there and Giants don't want him there. As the weeks pass their demands will decrease.

you know what's funny? after all I have said about our front office, i just though would if we said "i wonder who Matt Millen is going to sign for us."

If Loomis Makes another great defensive move im going to place a late flight to New Orleans and steal him from his wife lol.

A MLB with a bum knee and an oft-injured, bad attitude TE gets you excited? Throw in giving a NFL caliber backup DT $4 million and re-signing the worst MLB in the NFL and you must be beside and over/under yourself.

A MLB with a bum knee and an oft-injured, bad attitude TE gets you excited? Throw in giving a NFL caliber backup DT $4 million and re-signing the worst MLB in the NFL and you must be beside and over/under yourself.

Correct, I don't want Shockey.

Vilma for a 4th is ok. It's not that much of a gamble.

Re-signing the often injured Young is not something I understand.

Of course I always thought Peyton Manning would be awful and Ryan Leaf would tear it up. I also thought Sully would be a beast.

complaining.jpg

:mad:

The Vilma deal sounds okay -- a 4th will be a steal if he ends up healthy -- but of course only time will tell - but its not that I am all that excited about Vilma -- oir Shockey -- its the fact that we are going after FAs who may make a diff -- we actively went after Zach thomas -- we did the right thing in cutting Mare -- more to come

As long as Vilma is/will be 100% and stays that way, he'll be a great pickup.

Shockey on the other hand, doesn't really thrill me at all. Sure, he may be a high energy and high impact guy, but I really don't wanna see that first ***** fit when he isn't getting the ball enough.

I'm happy with the Vilma trade, but not too delighted over the Shockey part.

All the flip floppin is funny though.

A MLB with a bum knee and an oft-injured, bad attitude TE gets you excited? QUOTE]

Yes because Vilma with a bum knee at 80% health is lightyears better than ANY of our linebackers at 100%. Besides, most people on this board want to keep Deuce here and the guy is nearing 30 yrs old with TWO bum knees.

p.s. Even though Shockey has a bad attitude, if he's on the field for us Drew Brees will have a field day. I would take that risk any day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom