I'm ready to rebuild. Mac Jones or bust (1 Viewer)

Nashville Saint

BIGSHOT
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Let's face it guys we won't win until we start getting younger in most of these vet positions. We can't afford to keep everyone but at least lets just break down the right way and put it all back together. SAINTS 4 LIFE!!! Winston will find another home else where and so will Taysom.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You're gonna let Bama hate alter what you see is best for the organization? Hahahaha clown arse. Your losing mentality is showing.

Typical.. But thanks for proving my point though. :9:

If you think that Mac Jones is ”what’s best for the organization”, then you are not only part of the problem- you ARE the problem.

showstopper

Make it happen Loomis!
Reaction score
With Winston we will see Saints offense of old with downfield plays. Not saying the execution will be the same.

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
Let's face it guys we won't win until we start getting younger in most of these vet positions. We can't afford to keep everyone but at least lets just break down the right way and put it all back together. SAINTS 4 LIFE!!! Winston will find another home else where and so will Taysom.
I honestly do not understand what people see in Mac Jones. Did any of you people actually watch him play? I don't think he made a single difficult throw all season long.

SweetT

Old alias known as FLASH
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You're gonna let Bama hate alter what you see is best for the organization? Hahahaha clown arse. Your losing mentality is showing.
I’m a Bama hater, but I named my second born after Roman Harper. Sometimes, it’s imperative to remove the college affiliation if a player is on your NFL team. With that said, I’d be stoked if we selected Mac Jones. He’s the only Alabama QB that I have actually felt good about and I did like watching Tua play in college. Jones seems to be legit.

SweetT

Old alias known as FLASH
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I honestly do not understand what people see in Mac Jones. Did any of you people actually watch him play? I don't think he made a single difficult throw all season long.
I hear you, but what if he made those difficult throws look easy? His throws were on the money. Now granted he was surrounded by supreme talent, but I thought he made a lot of great throws.

MLU

Reaction score
I hear you, but what if he made those difficult throws look easy? His throws were on the money. Now granted he was surrounded by supreme talent, but I thought he made a lot of great throws.
He didnt make any difficult throws, so how does he make them look easy? He's Jake Fromm with a (slightly) stronger arm that's still somehow average in arm strength. His ceiling is Andy Dalton.

Draft him if you want, but not until the 3rd round. If some one wants him bad enough to take him sooner, let them have him.

SammyIsGod

Can he play safety? Yup!
Reaction score
I think Mel Kiper's first mock has him going to the Patriots at whatever their pick is in the teens...

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The objective analysis that he was trying to make is that you don't know if that player can operate in much dirtier pockets in the NFL. Regardless what anyone think about the offensive line. Offensive line play isn't great across the league. It's only good in really small pockets and that's only 3/5 of the line at times.

Easy throws part wasn't a direct correlation to just a wide open person, but the pocket that he occupy. A QB in the NFL must know how to navigate the pocket and that's a complete skill set that he'll have to learn in year one at an accelerated pace.

He's not a viable starter in year one. Tua was in the same boat and ran into the same exact issues. You're really gonna have to baby him to get him to be a viable starter. I don't think Payton has that patience.

A lot of people seem to really think WRs is his dead end when it's really how much quality offensive line play he'll need that will make or break him. Hi passers rating drop 20 points under pressure and for a QB that doesn't get hit, not very mobile, or pressured a lot. That is a Red flag.

SweetT

Old alias known as FLASH
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The objective analysis that he was trying to make is that you don't know if that player can operate in much dirtier pockets in the NFL. Regardless what anyone think about the offensive line. Offensive line play isn't great across the league. It's only good in really small pockets and that's only 3/5 of the line at times.

Easy throws part wasn't a direct correlation to just a wide open person, but the pocket that he occupy. A QB in the NFL must know how to navigate the pocket and that's a complete skill set that he'll have to learn in year one at an accelerated pace.

He's not a viable starter in year one. Tua was in the same boat and ran into the same exact issues. You're really gonna have to baby him to get him to be a viable starter. I don't think Payton has that patience.

A lot of people seem to really think WRs is his dead end when it's really how much quality offensive line play he'll need that will make or break him. Hi passers rating drop 20 points under pressure and for a QB that doesn't get hit, not very mobile, or pressured a lot. That is a Red flag.
This was his first and only year as a starting QB. I personally think he did a fantastic job with all of the stuff that came with the season. Just my $.02

MLU

Reaction score
This was his first and only year as a starting QB. I personally think he did a fantastic job with all of the stuff that came with the season. Just my $.02
He's surrounded by 5-star talent that's backed up by 5-stsr talent playing teams that can barely field teams. He better do well.

Reaction score
Let's face it guys we won't win until we start getting younger in most of these vet positions.
Tom Brady and gronk says hi

Going younger over vets doesn't always automatically mean winners. Lots of teams are young and still suck. I do trust Sean, but we had brees for years and only got it done once. We had a great defense for 4 years straight and didn't get it done.

BBarnes6182

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
This post is so inaccurate it isn’t even funny, more sad than funny I suppose

NeverGiveUP2

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
We traded up for Davenport of all people. If Sean wants a guy, he will go get them. We rarely sit still in the draft
Normally I agree with this sentiment. Normally I am all in on trading up. This may be the year to trade back. Did I really say that. Ok but we finally have to deal with the cap so let’s load up on good players and for once not go for the studs. Let’s run with Jameis and Taysom and see what happens. Hurts me to say that this year

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom