I'm ready to rebuild. Mac Jones or bust (1 Viewer)

Who was the last successful Texas Tech QB before Mahomes? Or Cal QB before Aaron Rodgers? Or Northern Iowa QB before Warner?

Gotta evaluate each QB individually.
For every great QB drafted, there have been at least 10 more that barely had careers. Playing at an NFL level is so different then playing in college.
Sean Payton knows what it takes at QB to run his system. I am confident that he knows who he wants to succeed after Brees. It may be a FA, he may already be on the roster, he may be a draft pick.
What the defense needs is an impact LB to pair with Davis , who probably has a couple of good years left.

For every great QB drafted, there have been at least 10 more that barely had careers. Playing at an NFL level is so different then playing in college.
Sean Payton knows what it takes at QB to run his system. I am confident that he knows who he wants to succeed after Brees. It may be a FA, he may already be on the roster, he may be a draft pick.
What the defense needs is an impact LB to pair with Davis , who probably has a couple of good years left.
We need another stud WR if we are going to match TB next year. But rookie LB's and WR's are seldom ready to start, especially in the saints system.

You're gonna let Bama hate alter what you see is best for the organization? Hahahaha clown arse. Your losing mentality is showing.

Typical.. But thanks for proving my point though. :9:

If you think that Mac Jones is ”what’s best for the organization”, then you are not only part of the problem- you ARE the problem.

With Winston we will see Saints offense of old with downfield plays. Not saying the execution will be the same.

Let's face it guys we won't win until we start getting younger in most of these vet positions. We can't afford to keep everyone but at least lets just break down the right way and put it all back together. SAINTS 4 LIFE!!! Winston will find another home else where and so will Taysom.
I honestly do not understand what people see in Mac Jones. Did any of you people actually watch him play? I don't think he made a single difficult throw all season long.

You're gonna let Bama hate alter what you see is best for the organization? Hahahaha clown arse. Your losing mentality is showing.
I’m a Bama hater, but I named my second born after Roman Harper. Sometimes, it’s imperative to remove the college affiliation if a player is on your NFL team. With that said, I’d be stoked if we selected Mac Jones. He’s the only Alabama QB that I have actually felt good about and I did like watching Tua play in college. Jones seems to be legit.

I honestly do not understand what people see in Mac Jones. Did any of you people actually watch him play? I don't think he made a single difficult throw all season long.
I hear you, but what if he made those difficult throws look easy? His throws were on the money. Now granted he was surrounded by supreme talent, but I thought he made a lot of great throws.

I hear you, but what if he made those difficult throws look easy? His throws were on the money. Now granted he was surrounded by supreme talent, but I thought he made a lot of great throws.
He didnt make any difficult throws, so how does he make them look easy? He's Jake Fromm with a (slightly) stronger arm that's still somehow average in arm strength. His ceiling is Andy Dalton.

Draft him if you want, but not until the 3rd round. If some one wants him bad enough to take him sooner, let them have him.

I think Mel Kiper's first mock has him going to the Patriots at whatever their pick is in the teens...

The objective analysis that he was trying to make is that you don't know if that player can operate in much dirtier pockets in the NFL. Regardless what anyone think about the offensive line. Offensive line play isn't great across the league. It's only good in really small pockets and that's only 3/5 of the line at times.

Easy throws part wasn't a direct correlation to just a wide open person, but the pocket that he occupy. A QB in the NFL must know how to navigate the pocket and that's a complete skill set that he'll have to learn in year one at an accelerated pace.

He's not a viable starter in year one. Tua was in the same boat and ran into the same exact issues. You're really gonna have to baby him to get him to be a viable starter. I don't think Payton has that patience.

A lot of people seem to really think WRs is his dead end when it's really how much quality offensive line play he'll need that will make or break him. Hi passers rating drop 20 points under pressure and for a QB that doesn't get hit, not very mobile, or pressured a lot. That is a Red flag.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom