I'm ready to rebuild. Mac Jones or bust (1 Viewer)

The objective analysis that he was trying to make is that you don't know if that player can operate in much dirtier pockets in the NFL. Regardless what anyone think about the offensive line. Offensive line play isn't great across the league. It's only good in really small pockets and that's only 3/5 of the line at times.

Easy throws part wasn't a direct correlation to just a wide open person, but the pocket that he occupy. A QB in the NFL must know how to navigate the pocket and that's a complete skill set that he'll have to learn in year one at an accelerated pace.

He's not a viable starter in year one. Tua was in the same boat and ran into the same exact issues. You're really gonna have to baby him to get him to be a viable starter. I don't think Payton has that patience.

A lot of people seem to really think WRs is his dead end when it's really how much quality offensive line play he'll need that will make or break him. Hi passers rating drop 20 points under pressure and for a QB that doesn't get hit, not very mobile, or pressured a lot. That is a Red flag.
This was his first and only year as a starting QB. I personally think he did a fantastic job with all of the stuff that came with the season. Just my $.02

This was his first and only year as a starting QB. I personally think he did a fantastic job with all of the stuff that came with the season. Just my $.02
He's surrounded by 5-star talent that's backed up by 5-stsr talent playing teams that can barely field teams. He better do well.

Let's face it guys we won't win until we start getting younger in most of these vet positions.

Tom Brady and gronk says hi

Going younger over vets doesn't always automatically mean winners. Lots of teams are young and still suck. I do trust Sean, but we had brees for years and only got it done once. We had a great defense for 4 years straight and didn't get it done.

Let's face it guys we won't win until we start getting younger in most of these vet positions. We can't afford to keep everyone but at least lets just break down the right way and put it all back together. SAINTS 4 LIFE!!! Winston will find another home else where and so will Taysom.

This post is so inaccurate it isn’t even funny, more sad than funny I suppose

We traded up for Davenport of all people. If Sean wants a guy, he will go get them. We rarely sit still in the draft
Normally I agree with this sentiment. Normally I am all in on trading up. This may be the year to trade back. Did I really say that. Ok but we finally have to deal with the cap so let’s load up on good players and for once not go for the studs. Let’s run with Jameis and Taysom and see what happens. Hurts me to say that this year

The objective analysis that he was trying to make is that you don't know if that player can operate in much dirtier pockets in the NFL. Regardless what anyone think about the offensive line. Offensive line play isn't great across the league. It's only good in really small pockets and that's only 3/5 of the line at times.

Easy throws part wasn't a direct correlation to just a wide open person, but the pocket that he occupy. A QB in the NFL must know how to navigate the pocket and that's a complete skill set that he'll have to learn in year one at an accelerated pace.

He's not a viable starter in year one. Tua was in the same boat and ran into the same exact issues. You're really gonna have to baby him to get him to be a viable starter. I don't think Payton has that patience.

A lot of people seem to really think WRs is his dead end when it's really how much quality offensive line play he'll need that will make or break him. Hi passers rating drop 20 points under pressure and for a QB that doesn't get hit, not very mobile, or pressured a lot. That is a Red flag.

Hater gonna hate.

great analysis

I'm all aboard the Mac Jones or Kyle Trask trains!!! Would be very excited to get either one and it's looking like one of them may be sitting there when we draft.

I'd take either of those guys over Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, or Trey Lance. The latter have high bust potential imo. Justin Fields holds the ball way too long and it is unknown whether he can make the quick reads/decisions/progressions that are required in the NFL. Same can be said about Zach Wilson. Trey Lance made a poor decision in opting out after a terrible one game performance this season.

I'm all aboard the Mac Jones or Kyle Trask trains!!! Would be very excited to get either one and it's looking like one of them may be sitting there when we draft.

I'd take either of those guys over Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, or Trey Lance. The latter have high bust potential imo. Justin Fields holds the ball way too long and it is unknown whether he can make the quick reads/decisions/progressions that are required in the NFL. Same can be said about Zach Wilson. Trey Lance made a poor decision in opting out after a terrible one game performance this season.

I agreed with your initial sentiment but the latter I have to disagree with. I like Mac Jones for the Saints and would be happy with Trask if he is available and the Saints are high on him. There is some QB talent in this years draft and like any other position just because the top guy at the position is already taken does not mean the everybody else at the position is going to be bad because he was the 2nd-5th player taken at the position.

Last edited:
I agreed with your initial sentiment but the latter I have to disagree with. I like Mac Jones for the Saints and would be happy with Trask if he is available and the Saints are high on him, there is some QB talent in this years draft and like any other position just because the top guy at the position is already taken does not mean the everybody else at the position is going to be bad because he was the 2nd-5th player taken at the position.
I agree with that. I wasn't saying Fields, Wilson, or Lance are definitely going to be bad QBs. Just stating why I would take Mac Jones and Kyle Trask over those 3.

It really does depend a lot on what team selects the QB and how the OC uses him.

For the Saints

Out of all these QBs?

Justin Fields by a wide margin.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom