I'm ready to rebuild. Mac Jones or bust (1 Viewer)

June Jones

Has Mac Jones as his #1 qb.

Trevor Lawrence as #3

Cites Deep accuracy (same concern I had)

2021 NFL draft: Trevor Lawrence, QB3? That's how one former NFL coach grades him

You asked who could be better than Drew I just said Watson. Who knows we probably don't even entertain the idea and just roll with signing Winston. I just don't think Mac Jones will be the answer. We'll roll with whoever we got.

We're still in a win now mode there's no way we're drafting Jones thinking he'll get us to the SB.

i mean, who knows right? But there aren’t many rookies in the history of the NFL to even be successful as an NFL Rookie much less win a Super Bowl.

So I have no idea how anyone could be confident in ANY rookie coming in and taking over. Not to mention, I just saw a stat that NOT A SINGLE QB drafted between 09 to 16 is still with the team that drafted them. 😳

Last edited:
Let's face it guys we won't win until we start getting younger in most of these vet positions. We can't afford to keep everyone but at least lets just break down the right way and put it all back together. SAINTS 4 LIFE!!! Winston will find another home else where and so will Taysom.

This isn't a rebuild roster it's a retool roster. This isn't a team that has time to grow with a rookie QB. It's built to insert a veteran and instantly make a playoff run.

The lagniappe of a late round QB (unless you are of the jump up a snag a QB thinking) means you are potentially going to wastea prime year of a bunch of 4th 5th and 6th year guys who are the nucleus of your team.

Can you imagine explaiing that to guys? Guys like a Demario Davis or a Cam Jordan that hey...were going to waste one of your years because we want to reset. Because essentially you are asking a rookie QB to come in and take your team to the SB but you're not asking it of a #1 pick or anything like that you're asking of a potential 2nd round QB who goes late in the 1st because of supply demand.

IDK...not with it. Nothing against your reasoning I just don't think this is the team/roster to do it with.

i mean, who knows right? But there aren’t many rookies in the history of the NFL to even be successful as an NFL Rookie much less win a Super Bowl.

So I have no idea how anyone could be confident in ANY rookie coming in and taking over. Not to mention, I just saw a stat that NOT A SINGLE QB drafted between 09 to 16 is still with the team that drafted them. 😳

Read that again.

Rookie qb drafted in the FIRST round.

I tell you what, I'm as confident in Mac Jones as any of these other rookie QBs who have come in in recent years to post 90 or better qb ratings.

Wilson, Herbert, Mariota, RG3, Prescott, Minshew, Rothlisberger etc.

We're not just talking about any old rookie qb here.

We are talking about the man with the best ever season by a college qb teaming with the best offensive mind in history.

I've seen what he can do with Kerry Collins and Tayson Hill.

I'll take my chances with Mac Jones.

It sounds ridiculous because at first hearing It's like telling a team, "Hey, we are bringing in a 43 year old has-been at QB to attempt to win the superbowl!"

While at the same time neglecting to mention "Oh, by the way this guy is one of the best pocket passers ever!"

Context matters.

We're not talking about Garrett Grayson or Sean Canfield here.

We're talking specifically about Mac Jones, the greatest college Qb ever.

Eli Manning, John Elway, and Troy Aikman won a combined 6 superbowls with qbs ratings of 93 or Below.

Like I said, I'll take my chances with Mac Jones and Payton if it comes to that.

Smh.

Rebuild a young team already and draft Mac Jones. Danny Weurfful looked good in college too!
Danny Wuerfell was projected as a late round pick. Many scouts didn’t think he would be drafted at all, and were stunned when the Saints took him early.

Mac Jones is projected by absolutely everyone as a 1-3 round pick, and most project him in the late first round. It would surprise no one if the Saints picked him in the first round.

He would be a good pick.

Oh noooo!

A rookie that completed almost 80% of his passes and broke Joe Burrow's single season qb rating record with a 203 rating!

The horror! *gasps*😱😱😱😱

Attachments

• 140015596_1656026251248155_2519013110764565693_o.jpg
    140015596_1656026251248155_2519013110764565693_o.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 11
Sounds like a Highly questionable character too.

Who would want a guy like this?

"MEET MAC JONES

Mac Jones, born Michael McCorkle Jones, is a talented athlete with a dynamic personality and a 4.0 GPA.

Community Service

University of Alabama Dance Marathon, 2020
UA Women’s Tennis Honorary First Serve, 2020
University of Alabama Tornado Relief Effort, 2019
Head Coach of 2018 Intramural Champions Zeta Tau Alpha, 2018
East Tuscaloosa Community Soup Bowl, 2017-2018
West Alabama Food Bank, 2017
West Alabama’s Walk to End Alzheimer’s, 2017
RISE Center, 2017

Academic Honors

President’s List, 2017-2019
Dean’s List, 2017-2019
Lambda Pi Eta Honor Society Top Paper Award, 2019
Student-Athlete of the Week, 2018-2019
SEC First Year Academic Honor Roll
Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society
The Anderson Society
Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society
The National Society of Collegiate Scholars
Golden Key International Honor Society"

"There, the Crimson Tide named four permanent team captains in senior offensive linemen Landon Dickerson and Alex Leatherwood, redshirt junior quarterback Mac Jones and senior receiver DeVonta Smith, who was a captain in 2019. Captains are chosen by the players."

Top 3 2020 drafted QBs drafted to terrible teams:

1st overall Burrow: 89.8 qb rating
5th overall Tagovailoa 87.1 rating
6th overall Herbert 98.3 rating

Qb rating with Payton:

Bridgewater--99.1
Hill---98.8
McCown---( 1 game 91.8 )

If I'm a betting man, I think a QB with a record high qb rating like Burrow, Tagovailoa, and Wilson combined with Sean Payton who elevated Bridgewater, Hill, McCown and Brees to their highest qb ratings ever is a good bet to take.

Let's face it guys we won't win until we start getting younger in most of these vet positions. We can't afford to keep everyone but at least lets just break down the right way and put it all back together. SAINTS 4 LIFE!!! Winston will find another home else where and so will Taysom.

Did you miss the AARP tandem that just dominated the Super Bowl??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom