I'm ready to see Chris Manhertz play (1 Viewer)

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Fleener can't catch or pass block, Manhertz looked good in preseason, needs more playing time

I'm ready to give Fleener more than one game.

His stat line is almost identical to Ben Watson's from game one of last season and Watson went on to have the best year of his entire career.

Yeah, let's bench our biggest FA acquisition after one or two drops and zero sacks given up when he was pass blocking.

Chances are you'll see Manhertz this week anyway since Hill is banged up.

His stat line is almost identical to Ben Watson's from game one of last season and Watson went on to have the best year of his entire career.

Yeah, let's bench our biggest FA acquisition after one or two drops and zero sacks given up when he was pass blocking.

Did he have a drop? The one I remember I thought looked like a missed opportunity was actually a great defensive play.

Chemistry takes time to develop. I'm not sold on the Fleener signing but Fleener and Brees need time to get a rhythm going it doesn't just happen from day 1.

Did he have a drop? The one I remember I thought looked like a missed opportunity was actually a great defensive play.

Correct. That play looked like a drop but upon closer inspection the defender made a nice play to get a hand on the ball before Fleener could touch it.

Crazy thing is for half of the money that we paid Fleener we could have keep Watson and the continuity.

That's what I thought too but yesterday all I kept seeing on here was that he had one catch for like 10 yards and one drop. I thought it was a pass defensed as well. Glad I'm not crazy. On this at least.

"Fleener struggled, catching just one of four passes that went his way, while grading negatively as a run-blocker, where he surrendered a pair of stops." Pff analysis

"Fleener struggled, catching just one of four passes that went his way, while grading negatively as a run-blocker, where he surrendered a pair of stops." Pff analysis
This is why those kinds of stats don't tell the whole story. I don't remember all 4 passes but I remember 3. One was Brees hitting the lb between the numbers on the back. The other was a tipped ball by the defender. Another was the catch. And I don't remember the 4th.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

One of those four targets was tipped away by the defender - good defensive play. Another was like the first or second play of the game, where Brees didn't appear to lead Fleener very well and the ball hit the back of the defender trailing Fleener (or at least I thought it was Fleener). I'm not sure that it was Fleener struggling - it could have been. But I was more so under the impression that the Raiders defense chose to tighten down coverage on him at the expense of covering Cadet and Snead with linebackers.

Manhertz definitely looks the part, that's for sure.

This is why those kinds of stats don't tell the whole story. I don't remember all 4 passes but I remember 3. One was Brees hitting the lb between the numbers on the back. The other was a tipped ball by the defender. Another was the catch. And I don't remember the 4th.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Drew threw a pass way downfield, little high but very catchable. Fleener had it, timed the jump right and had his hands up, but it bounced off his fingers. Would've been a nice catch, but not a super tough one. I believe that was 3rd down, and we chose to kick the 50 yard FG on 4th which was missed, but I could be wrong on that.

I give up. so you would rather see someone play who has not played football except for one season and has no stats at all instead of a proven player. Some people here are going to have a stroke before this season is finished by the looks of the posts after one game against a very good defense. We knew Fleener's deficiencies when we signed him. He will get the ball rolling and he will have a good season when it is all said and done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom