Im SICK of the Saints NOT getting RESPECT (1 Viewer)

i understand where your coming from, but i like it this way. let us be the underdog. its so much better when we beat the teams that are favored over us. i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it

i understand where your coming from, but i like it this way. let us be the underdog. its so much better when we beat the teams that are favored over us. i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it

I understand what you're saying about the whole "underdog role". HOWEVER: Good teams do not need to feel like they are underdogs every week in order to win. Eventually, if a team keeps winning, they are not the underdogs anymore (i.e Patriots used to suck).

Good teams dont need to "dig" for motivation like that. It comes automatically, because it is their job to perform and they understand that. Also, good teams stay hungry and dont need extra motivation.

I think we get plenty of respect. A few "experts" still aren't on the bandwagon, but a ton of them are.

By the way, we have not beaten any teams with a winning record except for Atlanta. I was at that game, and it was a great victory over a hated rival, it was not as much a game as the Falcons being a deer in headlights, with the true test coming when we play them in Atlanta.

The only other team with a winning record we got the beat down.

The only two legit teams are Carolina, who we lost to, and Philly, who we almost lost to.

We have beaten:

Cleveland
Green Bay
Tampa (twice)

I don't blame any non-Saints fans who are reserving judgement till we beat more teams we are supposed to barely beat like Pittsburgh and Cincinnati and one we are not supposed to like the Giants.

We are ranked in the top 10 in all polls I see....that sounds about right to me.

Wow...I mean, it's power polls. It's their opinion and it doesn't bother me what they think one bit. The only poll that matters is 6-2.

Maybe you should go enjoy some of the "nickname threads" we have here to get your mind off things

I think we get plenty of respect. A few "experts" still aren't on the bandwagon, but a ton of them are.

By the way, we have not beaten any teams with a winning record except for Atlanta. I was at that game, and it was a great victory over a hated rival, it was not as much a game as the Falcons being a deer in headlights, with the true test coming when we play them in Atlanta.

The only other team with a winning record we got the beat down.

The only two legit teams are Carolina, who we lost to, and Philly, who we almost lost to.

We have beaten:

Cleveland
Green Bay
Tampa (twice)

I don't blame any non-Saints fans who are reserving judgement till we beat more teams we are supposed to barely beat like Pittsburgh and Cincinnati and one we are not supposed to like the Giants.

We are ranked in the top 10 in all polls I see....that sounds about right to me.

Before I say anything else, Philly was 4-1 when we played them. It doesnt matter if theyre a .500 team now, they were a winning team and playing well when we played them. Looking at where the team was when we played them is more important than how they finished at the end of the season. For all we know, Green Bay could finish 10-6 and at the end of the season - but we all know they were no where close to that when we played them.

Secondly, the Giants havent really played any top 5 teams either. They also struggled with the Texans and we beat the Falcons worse than they did. My point is.. comparing who teams played in relation to who another team played and then trying to determine the better team from that alone isnt a very good indicator of who is the best team.

Last season, after week 13, the Colts were 13-0 and the Steelers were 7-5, including losing to the Colts 26-7. I would venture to say that no one had the Steelers ranked higher than the Colts at that time. Look how that worked out. Point is, you shouldn't get yourself all worked up over "lack of respect" because I can tell you, no one considered the Steelers to be a Super Bowl contender at that point last season. If the Saints continue to win, they'll get the respect, don't worry.

Not saying any of the teams ranked ahead of us are better than us.

Just saying that we start beating more good teams and we get more respect.

Philly, Atlanta were quality wins
Carolina, Ravens were quality losses
Green Bay, Tampa Bay, and Cleveland will have top ten picks in next years draft.

So I really can't see how we are being disrespected at this point.

You are disrespected when all your wins are being viewed as fluke wins.

I really think we are being homers a bit when we say we are being disrespected.

And Philly has shown that they are not as dominant as we thought when we beat them.

Last edited:
Not saying any of the teams ranked ahead of us are better than us.

Just saying that we start beating more good teams and we get more respect.

Philly, Atlanta were quality wins
Carolina, Ravens were quality losses
Green Bay, Tampa Bay, and Cleveland will have top ten picks in next years draft.

So I really can't see how we are being disrespected at this point.

You are disrespected when all your wins are being viewed as fluke wins.

I really think we are being homers a bit when we say we are being disrespected.

And Philly has shown that they are not as dominant as we thought when we beat them.

I see what youre saying but you can say that about all the teams in the top 5. No one really has played anyone yet. The Giants haven't beat anyone that stands out to me as being fantastic, yet we are still ranked lower than them.

My point is this.. <b>we are automatically placed at the bottom</b> of the teams with the same record as us. It's not like one week, we are ahead of one team, and then one week we are behind them. Its EVERY WEEK: we are the worst ranked team of all the teams with the same record, no matter how many games we win. If we go 12-4, and there are 3 other 12-4 teams I PROMISE YOU we will be the worst of the 3.

i see your point.

Experts like dominance. Colts didn't get major props till they beat Denver and New England. All the top teams only have a couple of quality wins.

its our past haunting us.

i am sure it happened to New England back in 2001. They may have will been the Saints back then. Now they always get the benefit of the doubt.

i see your point.

Experts like dominance. Colts didn't get major props till they beat Denver and New England. All the top teams only have a couple of quality wins.

its our past haunting us.

i am sure it happened to New England back in 2001. They may have will been the Saints back then. Now they always get the benefit of the doubt.

Well said, totally agree

Let's hope we never get repsect.

Everybody guns for the top teams. Everybody wants to be the team to knock off the Bears or Colts.

Let's stay under the radar all the way to the Superbowl.

Besides, I don;t want our players thinking we are too good. That's a recipe for disaster.

You don't get respect, you have to earn it. Until the Saints can prove that they won't totally collapse the second half of a season they will never get the respect a lot of fans want. Hopefully this season will go a long way in starting to earn some of that respect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom