Im SICK of the Saints NOT getting RESPECT (2 Viewers)

trujm

Very Banned
Reaction score
Im getting SICK of the lack of respect EVERYONE keeps giving the Saints.

Let me elaborate...

Every single power poll, since the beginning of the year, i have noticed that the Saints, according to everyone, are <b>"the worst team in a multi way tie with the teams with the same record"</b>. When there were 6 teams at 3-1, the Saints were <b>automatically</b> the lowest ranked 3-1 team. When there were 4 teams at 4-1, the Saints were the worst. When there were 3 teams at 5-1, the Saints were the worst. And now there are like 4-5 teams at 6-2 and once again: The Saints are the lowest ranked.

Im sick of the media over-hyping everything: players, teams, you name it. They overhyped the Bears - they overhyped the Saints - and now its the Giants turn to get overhyped. The fact is: no one knows who is gonna win the NFC, and everyone is just reaching and desperate to find somene to cling to. No one knows anything about anything, because just when you think you've found the team that will shine, they prove you and the critics wrong, and make everyone look like idiots for thinking that the team was as strong as you made them out to be. After the Saints beat Philly, everyone was talking about the Saints and not the Giants. And then we lost 1 GAME and now all of a sudden the New York Giants are god's gift to football.

Another thing: <u>there are no experts</u>. <b>If there were experts, someone would have seen the Saints coming this year.</b> I remember back in the day of actual experts, there were times when analysts could actually spot the surprise team and predict it with precision and expertise. Now a days, everyone is calling themselves an "expert" and everyone makes themself look like a total moron. Take Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, for example. Go back and look at all his picks. <b>According to Chris Mortensen, the Saints should be 1-7. He has picked the Saints to lose every single time this season, except once. </b>Not only is that a total lack of expertise, but it is also a total lack of common sense. Consider all sources: do the Saints REALLY look like a 1-7 team?

What is my point in all of this? My point is simple: <b>due to the past history of the franchise, the New Orleans Saints will never be taken seriously</b>, by anyone, even if we win the Super Bowl. And you know what sucks? It shouldn't matter, because this is a totally new team that has nothing to do with the Haslett-Brooks-Mora era in New Orleans. Unfortunately, we are still paying the price for the ghosts of the past and because of that, <b>we are forever stuck</b> as: "the worst X-X team of all the teams with the same record".

I see your point, and I'd be lying if I said I disagreed. But, the Buccaneers are now considered a powerful team. So is Cinncinnati. So are the Chargers. And the Colts.

Our time is coming - we just need to produce for longer than 8 games.

In these "power polls" you speak of, have we beaten any of the teams ranked ahead of us? If not, then I really can't find anything to complain about. It's all so subjective that it's really not worth getting your panties in a bunch over.

In these "power polls" you speak of, have we beaten any of the teams ranked ahead of us? If not, then I really can't find anything to complain about. It's all so subjective that it's really not worth getting your panties in a bunch over.

That argument has no substance either because just as we have not beaten them, they have not beaten us (with the exception of the Ravens, who deserve to be ranked higher)

You peeve more people if you say the Saints are better than Chicago or NYG. You have to have proof that the Saints are better than the Falcons. If not, you will be answering more emails from fans of those larger markets. So I guess it's a self preservation thing.

:Bandance:

Give it time. The sports world do not want to CROWN us yet. They know our past all to well. I say if we make the playoffs and get to the Championship game then U will see lots of changes next year. If we just make the playoffs they will still be ify about us next year. Time can heal all things. TIME!!!

Im getting SICK of the lack of respect EVERYONE keeps giving the Saints.

at 6-2 and once again: The Saints are the lowest ranked.

Maybe they go in alphabetical order.

I love the disrespect actually... let them all kep thinking that these are "the same old Saints"... makes it that much sweeter when they are pouring hot sauce on their crow.

Polls mean nothing... those are opinions that really carry about as much weight as ours does... only difference is those guys get paid to give their opinions. Don't let it get to ya Bro. Stand behind the black and gold... whatever the "experts" say... take it with a grain of salt... even when they give us props... because they'll jump off the bandwagon quickly if we lose.

We must win a few more games before we are declared "better" than NYG and Chi... I personally think we can take them both... but that's just me being a homer :)

That argument has no substance either because just as we have not beaten them, they have not beaten us (with the exception of the Ravens, who deserve to be ranked higher)

Which is exactly why it is completely subjective and should not be worried about. Someone has to be the last team ranked when a tie comes about, why not let it be the team that historically has choked away any sliver of sucess it may have achieved? Look, you and I both know that the Saints that are out on the field every Sunday are not the same ones that have been horrible all these years, but I know that if I were an outsider looking in doing one of these polls, I would be hard pressed to put the New Orleans Saints ahead of the Denver Broncos, San Diego Chargers, New England Patriots, or the New York (football) Giants.

The respect will come with winning consistently. Just be glad that we're thriving in the underdog role for now.

Let them(media experts) think the Saints are the bottom dwellers of the X-X teams. Flying below the radar will keep the team with a chip on their shoulder, and a reason to prove them all wrong..GO SAINTS!

You peeve more people if you say the Saints are better than Chicago or NYG. You have to have proof that the Saints are better than the Falcons. If not, you will be answering more emails from fans of those larger markets. So I guess it's a self preservation thing.

:Bandance:

Feel the Banana, Love the Banana, Be the Banana.:ezbill:

And last time I checked, power polls do not dictate who makes the playoffs.

I know most just want some recognition, but that's not going to happen from the "expert" (read talking heads). The one's with any brains, know what's going on, see Jaws on ESPN.

Trust me, our opponents are not taking this team lightly anymore, and that's the respect I'm looking for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom