I'm starting to think it's best that the Refs make another controversial call to help the Rams beat the Patriots (1 Viewer)

The Rams don't deserve to hold that trophy this season. At least the Pats have had to fight through a tough season. Also, Bill and Sean are branches off the same tree. They are brothers with different mothers, so to speak. Rather pull for a Parcells disciple.

No, hoping karma is swift and sends the rams home the same way we were bounced

Would rather the Patriots win, at this point, what’s another title for them, Brady will be lauded as greatest ever regardless, until he retires and will never be spoken of again, just like Manning, Favre, etc.

Hoping the game itself (which I will not watch) is an utter snooze fest and pats win something like 9-6.

Pats are going to blow them out. They don’t deserve to be there.

Rams will be winning the Superbowl with the villian Patriots serving as their sacrificial lamb. Every bad call will be celebrated against the hated Patriots. Rams get the ticket sales next year. NFL wins.

If we're talking about the NFL having an agenda and doing everything in their power to fulfill that agenda (as has been a frequent topic of discussion around here lately, and understandably so), my guess would be the Patriots dynasty ends just as it started: with a Super Bowl victory against the Rams, exactly 17 years to the day. This may just be a coincidence, but it was a very controversial call (the "Tuck Rule") that led to that their first Super Bowl berth. That Super Bowl was held right here in the Dome. It was a very controversial call right here in the Dome that led to this rematch. If I were to guess where this is going (or where the NFL presumably wants it to go), I would say the Patriots come full circle, and go 6-3 in Super Bowls in a rematch of Super Bowl 36, and a new "dynasty" team will emerge within the next few years or so. That is IF you believe the league has an agenda/storyline they're trying to push here.

Then again, there seemed to be quite a multitude of parallels in history pointing to a repeat of 2009 for us, only to have it end the way it did, so all of this could just as easily be absolutely misleading as to where things will go. It's just very interesting, to say the least...

Remember when Seattle destroyed Denver in the superbowl? That's how bad I want the Rams to lose.

How about the best of both? Rams get some flagrant calls go their way to add to the dogpile and then they still lose.

How would the league go down in flames if Brady loses a Super Bowl on a sheetty call? He's the last player that anyone would feel bad for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom