Im tired of This (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure the Patriots have more than three playoff wins over that span and that's what actually matters. I'm fine with people saying we've been really good over that stretch but calling us the winningest team is a big steaming pile of bullshirt. We didn't even play in one Super Bowl so it's beyond hyperbolic to call us something that implies being the best team in the league.
During Payton’s tenure, only two teams have won more than one Super Bowl. NY and NE.
So In totality, Payton is doing his job.

Pretty sure the Patriots have more than three playoff wins over that span and that's what actually matters. I'm fine with people saying we've been really good over that stretch but calling us the winningest team is a big steaming pile of bullshirt. We didn't even play in one Super Bowl so it's beyond hyperbolic to call us something that implies being the best team in the league.
I think we’ve won the most games in total over that period. I’m pretty sure that’s what’s being referenced.

During Payton’s tenure, only two teams have won more than one Super Bowl. NY and NE.
So In totality, Payton is doing his job.

Not even the debate we were having to begin with but thanks for changing the subject.

Screenshot_20210919-224038_Samsung Internet.jpg

This classic should be hung up from the crap poster rafter right next to come on down, son.

every year, its the same thing we have the team yet we are em Barrasso. We look great one week then awful the next. Sean is supposed to be one of the greatest coaches in the NFL, but he is no bll belichec (sp). Im tired of this team doing the same ole sa.me ole same ole. Every year its the same. We start slow. We have to. Much talent to lose to a team like Carolina. This passes me off
Ole Miss sucks balls!

My apologies.
It just seems that the season is over when it’s barely begun.

No worries, dude. I just get annoyed by the exaggeration. Like, yeah, I'm satisfied overall with the last four years cuz that's the net takeaway when you average out thrilling regular seasons with long, improbable winning streaks with straight up infuriatingly underachieving postseasons but there's no way in hell any sane person could call us the best in the game during that time when four other teams have done something we haven't. 2018 is obviously a Jupiter-sized asterisk though since we surely would've played better against the Patriots than the Rams did.

No worries, dude. I just get annoyed by the exaggeration. Like, yeah, I'm satisfied overall with the last four years cuz that's the net takeaway when you average out thrilling regular seasons with long, improbable winning streaks with straight up infuriatingly underachieving postseasons but there's no way in hell any sane person could call us the best in the game during that time when four other teams have done something we haven't. 2018 is obviously a Jupiter-sized asterisk though since we surely would've played better against the Patriots than the Rams did.
My point and if I can just put a sidebar at this moment, is that there is an unrealistic expectation that the Saints should have like four or five championships.
During his tenure, only two teams have two or more. The rest only have one title.
And I can already see how people will look fondly on this era (even this season when the Saints make the playoffs).
Even nationally, Payton’s tenure will be looked at fondly especially since he’s nearing some historic moments (nesting two decades with one team and 200 wins).

I think the Saints drove the team bus down Barrasso Blvd to get to the game.

Perhaps they had Veal Barrasso for dinner, at Barrasso’s Italian Cuisine on Vets.

Perhaps they had the bathroom remolded on the team bus by Barrasso’s Shower and Tile on Severn.

Personally, I think they stopped for lunch (lemon-pepper rotisserie chicken) at the new Barrasso’s Fresh Mart in Old Metry.

Maybe you should consider stop watching football or any sports for that reason

maybe fishing? Ahh probably dynamite fishing to minimize errors, you know there are those days…

I’m still trying figure out what former Penguins goalie, Tom Barrasso, had to do with this performance, but I’m always down to talk a little hockey...

In case you were wondering, I believe Tom is currently an Asst Coach with the Red Wings of the NHL

Did you happen to see how much of that talent, and the coaches that coach that talent, was sidelined with injuries/Covid?

Can I just go around pasting this quote in like about five or six different threads?

This is probably the least mad I've been about a Carolina loss since game 4 of 2006 (not counting some of those meaningless losses to them that took place in some week 17s when we had playoff positioning wrapped up).

There were so many signs pointing to this: something like an eight-game win streak over the NFC South.....the defensive injuries.... all of those coaches not being available.....and the simple fact that there was already going to be some regression from last week's game where so many things went uncharacteristically right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom