I'm tired... (1 Viewer)

My solution is just the opposite. I usually stay wide awake until several hours after the time change. (I'm a night owl, despite having a typical 9-5 job.)

Everyone is over thinking this. Just get extra drunk that night and pass out at a normal time. You'll get an extra hour of sleep to help with the extra drinking and you'll be okay.

Every weekend, now, I work late Saturday and early Sunday. Normally I can handle that no problem. But this week I didn't sleep more than a few hours since the storm. So I was already in deficit and was a zombie yesterday. It was not having my fan for white noise mostly. And hot the first night. Like sleeping in a sheet rock cave and hearing every little thing that happens outside. They say I gained an hour but I didn't feel it.

I've been waking up 1.5 hours early without alarm and going to bed at 9 new time.

I am now old.

Been out of power since Wednesday evening.... Busting my arse doing storm clean up at my house, my mother's house and helping neighbors out. I go to bed when the sun goes down. Come on Mississippi Power throw me a freakin' bone!!! So yea Saint Ward I am dog arse tired!!

Worn clean through is more like it. The stress of working in a nursing home ravaged by Covid is taking its toll. Slept like crap last night and had dreams of being Covid infected.

Impressing upon our son the absolute importance of voting today and the election in general just add more stress. I’m give out...

Last edited:
Worn clean through is more like it. The stress of working in a nursing home ravaged by Covid is taking its toll. Slept like crap last night and had dreams of being Covid infected.

Impressing upon our son the absolute importance of voting today, and the election in general just add more stress. I’m give out...
Do you think it might be a good idea to take a Tylenol and drink a huge glass of water mixed in with some ice. That always does a job making me sleepy and most times I'm in bed sound snoring loudly (I have sleep apnea and use a Cpap machine). You need some rest, terps, if you're wife or son aren't going out on errands or won't be out too long or be pre-occupied until late afternoon/early evening, tell them to wake you up around 4:30-5:00 PM, so you will be after to watch, observe and absorb all of the election results as they develop.

Just a suggestion. Good luck and take care of yourself.

I live tired. I have a 3 year old and 5 month old. 'gaining' an hour just meant these jerks woke up an hour too early this week. Terrible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom