(Image) At least three officials with an unobstructed view on the no call (1 Viewer)

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And two of them are right there at the point of the play. Just inexcusable. Infuriating. Championships shouldn’t be decided by this degree of officiating ineptitude. There is no excuse.

Attachments

• B468F6FF-A7D3-4264-A9E4-FF162B15D7A7.jpeg
    B468F6FF-A7D3-4264-A9E4-FF162B15D7A7.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 224
...are the three officials with an unobstructed view of the play, and two of them are right there. Just inexcusable. Championships shouldn’t be decided by this degree of officiating ineptitude. There is no excuse.

It was not at all ineptitude.

You are being generous by chalking it up to “ineptitude”, this was deliberate chicanery. Corrupt officials intent on the Rams getting one more offensive possession. They wanted the game to continue, rules be damned.

I can’t stomach to watch the video, so I might be wrong. Often when a ref doesn’t feel it’s enough contact to throw a flag, he looks at the receiver and shakes his head(kind of acknowledging that he saw the play; but it wasn’t enough for a flag) However, from the stands it looked like this ref decided not to even acknowledge Lewis. Seemed kinda fishy, like he had already made up his mind that in no way was he gonna throw a flag in favor of the Saints.

The African American ref that Payton ran up to shouting at wanted no part of a discussion of the matter, as if the fix was in and he was just trying to sweep it all under the rug.

None of them heard the helmet to helmet sound right????? We all need to Step Up and Do something. This mean Saints fans and non Saints fans.

I have never seen anything like it.

I have watched the NFL religiously for 30+ years and do not remember seeing a more egregious case of PI not be called.

Seen plenty of plays where it was clear on replay that there was PI while "real time" its a little less clear.
But this thing was obvious to those on the top row of the Dome.

I still don't know what to think about it. Its bizarre. These crews are supposed to be the best, right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom