Imagine this defense on the field (1 Viewer)

Harper, Bullocks and Young are part of the problem.:dunno:

I don't agree with you on Harper. Last year was truly his first full season. I think he player 5-6 games his rookie year. I think the jury is still out but I like that he is a strong hitter for receivers over the middle. I give Harper another year to progress.

BY was hurt most of last year. I still think he can play but is a big undersized to play in the middle.

JB - I'm baffled by the continued support by this regime. He get's beat almost as much as JD. If he lines up over the top of JD's side that's like Christmastime for teams! Apparently the coaches see something that we the fans don't.

GRANT / YOUNG / HAYNESWORTH / SMITH

FUJITA / VILMA / MORGAN

MCKENZIE CROMARTIE

BULLOCKS HARPER

You can accomplish this by drafting Cromartie @ 10 then later in the 1st round if Haynesworth hasn't been moved yet you throw our 2nd rounder + Hollis Thomas at the Titans. I would say trade Young, but I believe the Titans want the bigger guy, as well as our staff is looking to keep the motor guy / mammoth guy combo going.

Assuming our newly acquired former Pro Bowl linebackers stay healthy, and Mike McKenzie is a day 1 starter then we have POTENTIALLY the best defense in the league.

Do a sign & trade for Haynesworth, and do it now. Pay him what he wants, the things he'll open up for Vilma, Smith and Morgan are off the charts. Not only is he great, but he'll take 3-4 more players to the next level as well.

I have an even better defense.

GRANT / YOUNG / DORSEY / SMITH

FUJITA / VILMA / MORGAN

MCKENZIE / GAY

BULLOCKS / HARPER

:ezbill:

FUJITA / VILMA / MORGAN

MCKENZIE / GAY

BULLOCKS / HARPER

This is much more realistic than the one in the OP, and man would it be awesome.

FUJITA / VILMA / MORGAN

MCKENZIE / GAY

BULLOCKS / HARPER

Allow me to one-up on you...

McCray / GRANT / DORSEY / SMITH

FUJITA / VILMA / MORGAN

MCKENZIE / GAY

BULLOCKS / HARPER

What are the odds of Kenny Phillips dropping to 42?
I hear his stock in dropping but 42 is probably a stretch. If we trade with Dallas (two first-rounders), we might be able to get him and another CB though.

socbe7 said:
McCray / GRANT / DORSEY / SMITH

FUJITA / VILMA / MORGAN

MCKENZIE / GAY

BULLOCKS / HARPER

I like it, but Dorsey won't fall, and Kaesviharn will start. So, ...

McCRAY, GRANT, THOMAS, SMITH

FUJITA, VILMA, MORGAN

GAY, CROMARTIE

KAESVIHARN, HARPER

McKenzie won't be ready by Game 1, and we'll end up taking the best CB available in Round 1 because Dorsey and Ellis will be gone. I thought we might take Rivers, but I think that went out the window when we signed Morgan.

What gives you the inkling that KK will start, Taz?

I certainly hope he will, but I thought he would all of last year and they never pulled the trigger... another year in the system?

I like it, but Dorsey won't fall, and Kaesviharn will start. So, ...

McCRAY, GRANT, THOMAS, SMITH

FUJITA, VILMA, MORGAN

GAY, CROMARTIE

KAESVIHARN, HARPER

McKenzie won't be ready by Game 1, and we'll end up taking the best CB available in Round 1 because Dorsey and Ellis will be gone. I thought we might take Rivers, but I think that went out the window when we signed Morgan.

How'bout this.
D-Line - McCray, Grant, B.Young, Fresh Prince 2
LBs - Dan Morgan, Vilma, Fujita
CBs - Leodis Mckelvin, Gay/ til Mike Mckenzie returns
S - Kenny Phillips, The Roman Harper

Why does everyone think that DRC is going to come in and do so great. We haven't seen proof that he is going to be able to do that yet... At least not from his playing time in College. One game... the Senior Bowl.

He may well become a SUPER STAR in the NFL, he certainly has the tangibles, but he hasn't proven that he has the INTANGIBLES yet. That is done on the field.

As long as Bullocks is in the lineup I see us giving up 2 deep td's per game. That guy just SUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullocks has to be replaced. Also, Morgan won't be the starter, backing up or new stud LB Rivers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom