Imagine This Defense (1 Viewer)

Count this as one of the good points of this season. Kikaha is the only future piece who is done for the year. Rankins, Williams, Breaux, & Ellerbe all will be back, while Bell & Kruger's impact will continue to increase. Everyone's familiarity with DA's system will also continue to improve.

Barring any more huge setbacks, this will be a valid defense by the end of this year, and possibly a nasty one to start 2017.

Cam
Fairley
Rankins
Kruger

Robertson
Ellerbe

Breaux
Pj Williams

KV
Bell
Byrd

Come week 8 or 9 we might get to see this.

Maybe its just me but that lineup has top 5 defensive potential.

Seems good on paper, but if the current group of starting defensive players continues to play anywhere near the points allowed (9) like they did last Sunday, why would you mess with that combination of players? And I think Rankins and Fairley would interchange - not Rankins and Davison.

Seems good on paper, but if the current group of starting defensive players continues to play anywhere near the points allowed (9) like they did last Sunday, why would you mess with that combination of players? And I think Rankins and Fairley would interchange - not Rankins and Davison.

Rankins can play both DT &NT, he did it in college. Him coming back will be huge for the defense IMO. When we get everybody back healthy our defense will be something to see. I think by the end of the season we will have a top 15 defense.

Rankins can play both DT &NT, he did it in college. Him coming back will be huge for the defense IMO. When we get everybody back healthy our defense will be something to see. I think by the end of the season we will have a top 15 defense.

I agree it will be great to have Rankins back. I don't agree that he will play Davison's position. He didn't play Davison's position pre-injury, so why would he when he comes back from injury? He will most likely rotate with Fairley.

Usually I wear pink glasses... but I have a hard time imagining us with a good D. Still too weak on the front seven... but I hope I'm wrong.

Unfortunately I still don't see that lineup getting a consistent pass rush.

I agree it will be great to have Rankins back. I don't agree that he will play Davison's position. He didn't play Davison's position pre-injury, so why would he when he comes back from injury? He will most likely rotate with Fairley.

I didn't say he would play Davisons' position. I said he can play both positions, he did it in college. If he had to he could.

Usually I wear pink glasses... but I have a hard time imagining us with a good D. Still too weak on the front seven... but I hope I'm wrong.

The point of the thread is that two of our best front seven players + Breaux would be on the field in this defense, therefore improving the front seven just by having them on the field.

He wont rotate with fairley. In todays NFL u spend most ur time in the nickel. Rankins will take Davisons spot and both rankins and fairley will play inside.

The point of the thread is that two of our best front seven players + Breaux would be on the field in this defense, therefore improving the front seven just by having them on the field.

If you are talking about Rankins and Ellerbe... Rankins is a rookie and might play after being injured 8 weeks, Ellerbe never see the field... even with those two, tough to think we'll be above average and even more a top 5 D. As I said, I am being realistic for once but I hope they prove me wrong.

These days - it's about depth. So many starters (every team) go down with broken legs, ACL's, MCL's, concussions.

Sure it's nice to have good starters listed at all positions - but one has to expect a number of them gone throughout different points of the year.

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
Drew Bree's on field forever
A brotherhood of Who Dat fans

You may say I'm a dreamer...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom