Imagine this (1 Viewer)

saintsmarchin

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
2 years ago we were awesome with a -adequate- defense. This year we throw in Jonathon Vilma, and perhaps pull in another CB (hoping lito). Imagine the possibilities.... pfft...

After this year they will be debating to just throw away the Pro-bowl and have the Saints play the AFC. (i'm sober).

Yeah, but 2 years ago our offensive and defensive lines played way above themselves, and they are the key to our success this year. If Goodwin is the reason why we had 2 consecutive 100 yard rushing games with Faine out, and McCray really will make Grant the answer at DT, then we will be set.

Yeah, but 2 years ago our offensive and defensive lines played way above themselves, and they are the key to our success this year. If Goodwin is the reason why we had 2 consecutive 100 yard rushing games with Faine out, and McCray really will make Grant the answer at DT, then we will be set.

Wouldn't that be great!.. it could happen!

grant isn't moving to DT as a position.. only in nickel type action moving inside.
he did this some last year

It kinda irks me when I see people type this. How does anyone perform way above themselves for an entire season? We were healthy...ALL YEAR. We played the way we should have. This year.....lots of turnovers can make any defense look unspectacular when they are always on the field. Young gets sick....Grant hurts leg....Smith got fat. And with coverage like ours.....even I could do a 3-5 step drop and find people open ALL DAY. This rationale bugs me.

It's not just you zorro....I've seen this mentality from others so I am not trying to single you out.

I agree with Jeebs. If this current team (without the draftees) can stay reasonably healthy like the '06 team, It's a Dallas/Green Bay/New York vs. New Orleans NFCCG. There is no way we won't get there. This offense with Meach added. Wow. This is the same D as '07 and '06. As much as we complain about our CB situation, it was just as bad in '06 with Fred "Toast" Thomas playing opposite MM. Healthy = NFCCG. I truely belive that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom