IMHO, Brees can probably play no more than 2 more yrs Max (1 Viewer)

rsonza

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Is it me or did Brees arm strength seem off tonight? Can still throw the ball, don't get me wrong. But, I felt as if he was "shot-putting" some of his throws. Like he was just pushing it off to get the ball out.

Maybe I'm comparing his arm strength w some of the young QBs I see now, like Prescott or Wentz. But at his current strength, I'd say he has 2 yrs of playing time max, before his arm strength is zapped, like Manning's was last year.

Just my humble opinion. And calling it like I see it.

That's what you took from tonight?

That Brees lacks arm strength? His arm was fine tonight. He hit 3-4 deep passes, was able to throw the deep out a few times. No issues at all.

he was zipping balls to thomas, lol. and he is ridiculously accurate. guy can play till 40 at least.

Without Brees the score is 100-0. Im not kidding. Thats the truth.

A loss is a loss. What does the score matter if you're on the wrong end. This thinking is the problem with Saint fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it me or did Brees arm strength seem off tonight? Can still throw the ball, don't get me wrong. But, I felt as if he was "shot-putting" some of his throws. Like he was just pushing it off to get the ball out.

Maybe I'm comparing his arm strength w some of the young QBs I see now, like Prescott or Wentz. But at his current strength, I'd say he has 2 yrs of playing time max, before his arm strength is zapped, like Manning's was last year.

That's called touch.

Teams do everything and anything to teach that to some quarterbacks and we have one of the best of all time at it and you want someone that just "zips" it every play like Brock Osweiler.

His window is closing.

He is still easily the best player on this team but he IS on the decline. I'd say he's still borderline elite. I don't know why everyone is going off on the OP. It's not like he's saying that Drew cost us the game. Just stating the obvious that age is taking its toll. We keep saying "our window is closing". We admit that. Well, he won't stay as good as he was when he was 28 and then just BAM retires. It happens slowly.

We really are establishing a good young core. We will eventually be a good team, again. The tragedy is that it's not lining up with Brees' career.

A few of those because he wasn't set because of the pass rush. His throws looked fine on his drop backs when he had time.

A loss is a loss. What does the score matter if you're on the wrong end. This thinking is the problem with Saint fans.

No the problem is the Saints are missing starting CBs,LBs. OL and our defense couldnt stop a pop warner team. Fleener cant even catch a cold and Byrd now has broken ankles. But the 1 take away from all of this and more is Brees arm strength. This thread is bad and the OP should feel bad.

he was zipping balls to thomas, lol. and he is ridiculously accurate. guy can play till 40 at least.
Maybe cut it by a season if he's going to be throwing the ball 50 times a game.

His window is closing.

He is still easily the best player on this team but he IS on the decline. I'd say he's still borderline elite. I don't know why everyone is going off on the OP. It's not like he's saying that Drew cost us the game. Just stating the obvious that age is taking its toll. We keep saying "our window is closing". We admit that. Well, he won't stay as good as he was when he was 28 and then just BAM retires. It happens slowly.

We really are establishing a good young core. We will eventually be a good team, again. The tragedy is that it's not lining up with Brees' career.

+++++++1

His window is closing.

Brees looked the same as he's looked for the past 3-4 years tonight. I'm not sure what was seen tonight that says "hey, age is taking it's toll!"

Could he play for longer? Probably.

Will he want to? Unlikely. Why keep up the grind and risk health for this travesty?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom