Impact of the Saints Beating the Falcons (1 Viewer)

rdhamilton

ATL Stunna Nolia Gunna
Reaction score
I just got done listening to talk radio here in Atlanta about the game Sunday, it seems that loss we gave them has shook the team to the core. It was the official last action that has finally had the team fall apart. They are especially bashing D.Hall for going for that pick on the hail mary and R.White for his dropped passes. What I don't understand is why the horse collar on Devery Henderson in the end zone doesn't have more emphasis on it, I mean it was so blatant and it could have seriously hurt him. Was not outright said but they also hinted that we ran up the score a little bit on them, though I didn't see that either. Good week for LA though tigers and Saints win big.

-Me

I just got done listening to talk radio here in Atlanta about the game Sunday, it seems that loss we gave them has shook the team to the core. It was the official last action that has finally had the team fall apart. They are especially bashing D.Hall for going for that pick on the hail mary and R.White for his dropped passes. What I don't understand is why the horse collar on Devery Henderson in the end zone doesn't have more emphasis on it, I mean it was so blatant and it could have seriously hurt him. Was not outright said but they also hinted that we ran up the score a little bit on them, though I didn't see that either. Good week for LA though tigers and Saints win big.

-Me

As they should be, you ALWAYS knock those down.

The Saints have been devoid of that killer instinct. I really didn't see it that way in this game either though. I saw a Falcon let down more than anything else, except in the case of Crumpler. Head hanging I've seen in alot of Saint years. Running up the score? I just don't feel that way. How often have you seen us run untouched into the end zone this year?

-Me

Yeah, they want to make that 3rd-and-seven to Henderson for the first down and Deuce's subsequent TD scamper out to be something like Steve Spurrier passing against 1-AA schools when the Gators were already up by three touchdowns in the fourth quarter. I guess the Falcons fans believe they are the 1-AA team of the NFL...
:_rofl:

We scored 31 points, and people are thinking we ran up the score? Is that a joke?

I need this torrent to download faster...

Jim Mora Jr might be in his last season. Arthur Blank did not look happy and they detailed how another 8-8 season was not going to cut it. They look on their way to that

As to running the score up, we can't help the fact that a tackle was missed and Deuce cruised in for 6. Its not like we threw a play action pass for a TD. It amounts to a defense that gave up at the end of the game..

from what i hear the tv announcers were talking about us running up the score - that the falcons will remember that next year

And no one in the history of the NFL has ever has come back from an 11 point deficit in the last three minutes. That's, like, impossible... and stuff.

:moran:

from what i hear the tv announcers were talking about us running up the score - that the falcons will remember that next year

Yeah I heard the same thing and the mentioned it on talk radio but tems have lost by alot more than 18 points. To be honest Payton is much better than me, I'd have stuck it to them for that crap tackle on Devery that I'm still ****** about.

Yeah I heard the same thing and the mentioned it on talk radio but tems have lost by alot more than 18 points. To be honest Payton is much better than me, I'd have stuck it to them for that crap tackle on Devery that I'm still ****** about.

What do they mean running up the score. That Atlanta team surely wasn't going to lay down and die. We did the right thing by putting up those extra points. They could have come back and beat us. And I will say another thing, If you're going to let me have it, I'm going to take it. There is no such thing as running up the score, It's called kicking some A** ! Go Saints!

I just got done listening to talk radio here in Atlanta about the game Sunday, it seems that loss we gave them has shook the team to the core. It was the official last action that has finally had the team fall apart. They are especially bashing D.Hall for going for that pick on the hail mary and R.White for his dropped passes. What I don't understand is why the horse collar on Devery Henderson in the end zone doesn't have more emphasis on it, I mean it was so blatant and it could have seriously hurt him. Was not outright said but they also hinted that we ran up the score a little bit on them, though I didn't see that either. Good week for LA though tigers and Saints win big. -Me

They were already reeling before yesterday's game. We just put the final nail in their coffin... With the Mora Sr.'s comments this past week, the owner's (Blenk) comments last week, and their fast start (5-2), and attrocious tumble the past 4 weeks (0-4), coupled with last year's second half demise, it wasn't going to take much to see this mutiny in Hotlanta come to fruition for both the team and their fans...

To make matters worse, they (the Hotlanta fans) didn't respect our team - They still believe our win in week 3 was a fluke... At 7-4, I'll take all the flukes you want to give me.

Bottomline: Better all this hoopla and finger pointing happen to them than us.

As for running up the score, that's ridiculous. Vick proved all day that he's one tackle from a TD. That and an onsides kick recovery, and they're right back in it before Deuce's last score. It's really a mute point - All they had to do was stop Duece on that 9 yard run.

ha hahah, If I'm the Falcons brass, this is my Monday.

I waive Roddy White and then I look sternly at Lelie and Jenkins.

I put people in the right positions on offense. Schaub is the QB. Norwood is the starting TB who's going to get 20 carries. Dunn is a 3rd down back to catch passes. And Vick will lineup at receiver or anywhere and be Mr. Super-Slash. And, there's Crumpler.

And if I'm Arthur Blank, I get the Home Depot de-uglification team and I start to spruce up that stadium, which on TV, always appears as the dingiest subway station. The colors on my TV go gray. Those endzones that have too much text in them. Ugh.

Oh and Saints, major props for payback on Big Ben. The bombs for TDs are just thrilling. We can score from deep, at anytime.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom