Impact on re-signing our players and signing FA’s? (1 Viewer)

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Do you guys and gals think this will negatively impact our ability to retain the players we want to, and/or to sign any FA’s (QB?) we will be trying to lure here?

One of the best things that Sean brought to this team is the winning culture players wanted to be a part of. Growing up as a fan, no big name players ever wanted to play for us, this was drastically improved under Sean. I’m sure whomever we hire as our new coach will have a lot to say in what players we can retain and or bring in.

What do y’all think?

We can forget getting either Wilson or Rodgers and we may also have some of our own FA’s deciding to go someplace else! I am also not sure signing Winston is a sure thing as his attraction to the Saints was Payton and what he could learn from him!

Do you guys and gals think this will negatively impact our ability to retain the players we want to, and/or to sign any FA’s (QB?) we will be trying to lure here?

One of the best things that Sean brought to this team is the winning culture players wanted to be a part of. Growing up as a fan, no big name players ever wanted to play for us, this was drastically improved under Sean. I’m sure whomever we hire as our new coach will have a lot to say in what players we can retain and or bring in.

What do y’all think?
That same thing was true for Drew as well. The combo of CSP and Drew was a big draw for players not wanting to play in a large market.

Payton was our most significant recruiting tool. Players knew that the Saints would always be competitive with him at the helm. Still, I think that if we hire from within, keep our coaching staff and show some stability, we can still attract free agents. With that said, we can forget Wilson or Rodgers. Any chance of that happening left the day SP walked out of Airline Drive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom