Imposters! Had to be, wouldn't you agree? (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
I turned on the tube yesterday, expecting a good blowout win vs the Turds. I looked at the tube, and lo and behold, the uniforms looked right. All the right colors, LeFleur on the Helmet. But, the people in them had to be different. That was not the same team I have been watching ever since the Rams game.

1st, how does our defense give up 167 yards rushing? That just doesn't happen when the right players are in our uniforms.

2nd, where did all the blitzes come from? Where was DA at? He had already learned the lesson that you can't blitz on every play. Who was that calling our defense? Couldn't have been DA.

3rd, our offense puts up TD's in the Red Zone, not field goals. Was Teddy B in the game? That was more of a game manage type offense, than the high flying offense we always have under Drew Brees!

All sarcasm aside, we had a sure enough clunker yesterday, but it's not the end of the World. This is the NFL, and that was a Divisional game. It's hard to win every game in the NFL, and it's dang sure hard to win every Divisional game, being that the teams know each other so well.

Atlanta had a good game plan, and surprised the Saints from the start. They haven't run the ball all year, but they set the tone early, and kept our offense off the field with a little help from our defense, who couldn't get off the field.

God, I hate losing to that team, but I feel like we were going to have a clunker at some point. That's why I had already gone on record that we will end up 13-3 in an earlier thread. Now, the team can recognize that they have to stay hungry, and not forget that the team across from them wants to win, too.

This was just one game, and we are still 7-2. Heck, we could be Atlanta with a 2-7 record, for heavens sake. So, we all need to keep our heads up. This is still going to be a special season! Geaux Saints.

Speaking of imposters, I am pretty sure that if you look at the game tape of the Falcon's past 8 games, that wasn't the same team that arrived at the Dome yesterday.

Maybe some DNA testing is in order.

Speaking of imposters, I am pretty sure that if you look at the game tape of the Falcon's past 8 games, that wasn't the same team that arrived at the Dome yesterday.

Maybe some DNA testing is in order.
What I'd like to know is how they all of a sudden were able to post a running game. And, how is it that our defense could all of a sudden give up over 160 yards rushing? We held Matt Ryan under 190 yards passing, but have up over 160 yards on the ground? How?

What I'd like to know is how they all of a sudden were able to post a running game. And, how is it that our defense could all of a sudden give up over 160 yards rushing? We held Matt Ryan under 190 yards passing, but have up over 160 yards on the ground? How?
Their coaches saw a weakness over the Bye and exploited it. Attacked the Ends in outside contain, Davenport, Hendrickson, and even Cam at times have the tendency to crash too far inside on runs, and they got burnt a few too many times on the Edges until they adjusted and started widening out on contain more.

Yesterday you could feel the loss of Anzalone as well, outside of Demario we don't have another linebacker that covers sideline to sideline quickly enough. Klein is good downhill, but too slow to catch Freeman once he gets the edge, or Ridley on a reverse; he also slipped on the 2nd TD pass to their Running back who was the last read.

I turned on the tube yesterday, expecting a good blowout win vs the Turds. I looked at the tube, and lo and behold, the uniforms looked right. All the right colors, LeFleur on the Helmet. But, the people in them had to be different. That was not the same team I have been watching ever since the Rams game.

1st, how does our defense give up 167 yards rushing? That just doesn't happen when the right players are in our uniforms.

2nd, where did all the blitzes come from? Where was DA at? He had already learned the lesson that you can't blitz on every play. Who was that calling our defense? Couldn't have been DA.

3rd, our offense puts up TD's in the Red Zone, not field goals. Was Teddy B in the game? That was more of a game manage type offense, than the high flying offense we always have under Drew Brees!

All sarcasm aside, we had a sure enough clunker yesterday, but it's not the end of the World. This is the NFL, and that was a Divisional game. It's hard to win every game in the NFL, and it's dang sure hard to win every Divisional game, being that the teams know each other so well.

Atlanta had a good game plan, and surprised the Saints from the start. They haven't run the ball all year, but they set the tone early, and kept our offense off the field with a little help from our defense, who couldn't get off the field.

God, I hate losing to that team, but I feel like we were going to have a clunker at some point. That's why I had already gone on record that we will end up 13-3 in an earlier thread. Now, the team can recognize that they have to stay hungry, and not forget that the team across from them wants to win, too.

This was just one game, and we are still 7-2. Heck, we could be Atlanta with a 2-7 record, for heavens sake. So, we all need to keep our heads up. This is still going to be a special season! Geaux Saints.
I thought you were referring to some of the Saints fans that seem to have jumped ship already LOL!!!!!!!!!

Their coaches saw a weakness over the Bye and exploited it. Attacked the Ends in outside contain, Davenport, Hendrickson, and even Cam at times have the tendency to crash too far inside on runs, and they got burnt a few too many times on the Edges until they adjusted and started widening out on contain more.

Yesterday you could feel the loss of Anzalone as well, outside of Demario we don't have another linebacker that covers sideline to sideline quickly enough. Klein is good downhill, but too slow to catch Freeman once he gets the edge, or Ridley on a reverse; he also slipped on the 2nd TD pass to their Running back who was the last read.

Hope saints D is capable and can adjust.... coz niners RBs (Coleman, Breida) will gash them even more than what Freeman did.

Hope saints D is capable and can adjust.... coz niners RBs (Coleman, Breida) will gash them even more than what Freeman did.
You sure seem like a 49er fan more than Saints looking at your posts. At the least, much more knowledgeable about the 9ers. You realize Freeman had 10 carries for 38 yards?

Absolutely. I think this was just an anomoly. Can't see all those previous games being great against the run, but really being that bad. I think it was just a clunker of a game. If not, we are in trouble.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom