Impressions from Eagles Game (1 Viewer)

Cuozzo67

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bush: some good, still a lot of bad (esp. the runs by his own goal line!)
Shockey: made some good catches, plus key fumble recovery
Colston: no drops today, played like his old self
Henderson: he'll drop a few, but our biggest deep threat at WR
Bell: good, hard running. Let's hope the injury isn't serious
P. Thomas: get well in a hurry, esp. if Bell injury is significant
Roman Harper: can tackle, can blitz, still struggles in coverage
Greer: continues to show he's our best cover corner
Sharper: shows what a real free safety can do (make plays!)
Hargrove: for the first 2 weeks, he and McCray our best DLs
Shanle: led team in tackles and had the pick, but still struggled in coverage
Morstead: making me eat my words about drafting a punter
Bushrod: not great, but has done o.k. Brown starts when healthy.
Jenkins: good special teams play (fumble), but will he contribute as DB?
Porter: what was he doing trying to jump the route at the end of 1st half?
Meachem: still looks tentative at times (on that reverse), but made key catch later
Brees: are you kidding?
Run defense: struggled againts "wildcat" ... better in 2nd half
Pass defense: still allowed too many big plays, esp. to TE

Next week, a classic "trap" game ... team needs to stay focused. A heap of praise will be forthcoming this week. Coaches will really have to work team hard and keep their minds only on Buffalo. Bills QB Edwards can play, and T.O. still capable of big plays. The Bell injury is a real concern. Bush cannot handle full-time chores at RB. He's a change-of-pace back only. Get well in a hurry, Bell and Thomas! Also, Hamilton likely to be active next week. Evans is showing he's a more complete player than Karney.

Last edited:
+bush has been disappointing, but today was better for him.
-i think he just needs a few weeks to get warmed up since he didnt play at all in the preseason.

+offensive line concerns me, we are going to have our hands full vs the giants.

+i cant believe we have a safety that can intercept the ball like darren sharper.

+porter and greer are great DB's

next weeks game is not as important as most want to think.

sure a win would be great, but this weeks game was far more important than you can imagine. beating NFC teams > AFC teams at this point

You covered most of my thoughts.

The way he was walking, I'm guessing Bell has a sprain. That means missing a game or 2. Pierre will have to play, and the brace will probably come off.

Robey didn't look so great on KO returns. Maybe it was the Eagles ST
Lance wasn't needed, but then we were never behind.
Our ST generally looked a bit better.
Judging by Jenkins ST play, he will be a DOMINANT safety.

Bush cannot handle full-time chores at RB. He's a change-of-pace back only. Get well in a hurry, Bell and Thomas! Also, Hamilton likely to be active next week.
:plus-un2:

Reggie is great when used properly, which is change of pace, out of the backfield, slot, etc., as you say.

When he is used improperly, he's a mixed bag.

Improperly is running up the gut.

His instincts in the middle are almost non-existent. His tendency is to always bounce outside. Up the middle he dances and cannot read the hole quickly enough.

The "almost" safety just about sums it up. What kind of running back stops at the goal line and dances in place in that situation?

I wouldn't give him up, he brings a lot to this offense with his versatility. But he is not an every down running back. As long as Reggie and everyone else accepts that, we are good.

I leave it to Loomis to decide what he is worth next year.

Bills shouldn't be a trap game. They played the Pats tough and they are giving it to the Bucs pretty good right now.

defensive question marks

I felt like the Saints brought pressure throughout the second half but the Eagles still made plays they should not have been able to. Tackling in open field was sloppy and so was some coverage schemes. Almost 400 yards passing is not good pass defense. Also, where was Will Smith and Charles Grant? Smith I saw once but McCray and Hargrove were the beasts fighting their way to the QB every time.

I can't complain too much but we need to continue to improve.

You covered most of my thoughts.

The way he was walking, I'm guessing Bell has a sprain. That means missing a game or 2. Pierre will have to play, and the brace will probably come off.

Robey didn't look so great on KO returns. Maybe it was the Eagles ST
Lance wasn't needed, but then we were never behind.
Our ST generally looked a bit better.
Judging by Jenkins ST play, he will be a DOMINANT safety.

I am guessing they will also activate Hamilton for the game too so they have a 3 back rotation.

defensive passer rating was fairly good. 73.2 for kolb. 5th defensive passer rating last season was 72.9. defense allowed 4 ypc on defense which isnt too bad either. last year 10th ranked rushing defense allowed 3.9.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom