In 1 week i go under the knife (1 Viewer)

buy you one of those grabbers, rehab sucks for the first week, pain exponentially goes away. no weight bearing means exactly that. make sure that you learn how to use walker and crutches correctly going up and down a small set of steps or stairs can potentially end your walking days. I am on my second set praying for another 10 years!!!! no running, no jumping, no jogging, no heavy lifting and no crossing your legs avoid sitting at a 90 degree angle for a while dislocating your hip can be very painful. Not to mention if they can't pop it back in place your back in surgery. anything else just ask. How old are you anyway I had to threaten my doc with physical harm before he did surgery. When the next step in pain meds is morphine it's time. :ezbill:

Glad that everything is okay with you now -- yeah -- I intend to let the rehab work its magic -- heard too many horrow stories about how the new hip locks up and they have to reopen you to take any chances -- Just hope that the morphine drip is working when I wake up -- I cant imagine getting a lot of bone cut out and replaced is going to feel very good

I had the morphine pump hooked up everyday I was in the hospital. The nurses encouraged me to use it as often as possible in order to control the pain. Hope everything works out for you.

Where are you having the procedure done??

Good luck to all the SR members going under the knife!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TUVkl9ZsA0M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TUVkl9ZsA0M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Thanks to all the kind words - Its only 1 week and a day away -- I know I will end up okay -- and that I will be able to endure the pain - its more the anxiety and my nerves that is the bad thing -- heck - once I get out I will have a glorious 2 weeks off -- absolutely nothing to do -- cannot do laundry -- cook -- clean -- will be a couch/bed/chair potato -- Yeah -- I keep telling myself that -- how about pounding down pain meds like pez -- speaking of which -- I wonder if I can use a pez machine to dispense my meds --

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom