In 2003, 6 out of 7 teams who started 3-0 missed the playoffs (1 Viewer)

SuperSaint

Trek expert & WoW junkie
Reaction score
I heard this stat this morning on ESPN First Take, and it brought me back down to earth.

Let's remember to keep our objectivity and take it one week at a time, the next two games will tell us alot.

So the Giants, Colts, Ravens, Jets, Vikings,and Broncos are not going to make the playoffs? Has anyone told them yet?

I heard this stat this morning on ESPN First Take, and it brought me back down to earth.

Let's remember to keep our objectivity and take it one week at a time, the next two games will tell us alot.

Teams that started the regular season 16-0 have never won a Super Bowl.

Yea, and last week on these forums, 9 out of 10 threads didn't make any sense!

What the heck is your point??? How in the world does that have anything to do with this season, of course anything can happen, that's a given! It appears that the glass is half empty with topics like these, enjoy your team guys, there will be plenty of bad times yet to come, you don't have to discourage ppl with stuff like this, believe me, bad times will come all on their own, but for now, I choose to enjoy my team dominating!

Last edited:
The fun of being a fan is that we can gloat, dream, imagine, thump our chest, be homers, brag, relish, be giddy, etc. We do not play the game. Our SAINTS are the ones that have to stay focused. We can just enjoy the ride. Relax. Let us enjoy being 3-0 and thinking that we might be 4-0 or 5-0 or 6-0, ... or make the playoffs. :)

I dont know if you heard this stat wrong or what, but its not true...just looked it up on profootballreference.com and I've already found three teams that started 3-0 in 2003 (Indy, KC, and Seattle) and they all made the playoffs....hmmm. I think the year is 2002 and yes we were one of the teams...I see Carolina, New England, and Miami also...all started 3-0 and missed the playoffs.

Last edited:
That year was the execption, not the rule.

Kind of reminds me of Tom Sellick in "Mr. Baseball" only in reverse:
"I'm a World Series MVP!"
"That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235."
"Last season, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom