In a historic first, Arizona Republic endorses Democrat (1 Viewer)

Suavecito8

Hispanic causing panic
Reaction score
I keep hearing that this is going to be a close race but I feel it is going to be a freaking beat down in favor of Clinton.

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
A lot of it will depend on ground game, which is very tough to make up effectively in the final five weeks.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of it will depend on ground game, which is very tough to make up effectively in the final five weeks.

From all that we have seen, the Trump organization is poorly skilled and strategized on the ground game. However, I do think he's a different candidate and can use media in ways we have never seen before.

I expect that as it gets closer, if there hasn't been some significant shift, he's going to get more and more desperate in his message. We're now less than six weeks out.

ClayT101

Tee Retriever
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I keep hearing that this is going to be a close race but I feel it is going to be a freaking beat down in favor of Clinton.
I think that it is just the media trying to keep it interesting. I think if you look at electoral college maps, it is not close.

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I think that it is just the media trying to keep it interesting. I think if you look at electoral college maps, it is not close.
I thought this was going to be an epic defeat for Republicans - on par with 1964 moreso than 2008. But we are far from that at this point.

Clinton is still ahead, but not much. I am not sure what maps you are talking about, but the ones I am seeing show the race tighter than its ever been with key states actually moving toward Trump.

hopefully the debate stops the bleeding and maybe even moves away from Trump at this point.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm honestly not sure we're that far from it. Romney was closing in hard on Obama supposedly according to phone call polls. Turnout was very different that the story the phones told.

I'm really not sure that the trailer park bigots that throng to the exciting rallies to see the orange one are actually going to head to the boring old polls come election day. Time will tell, but I have a feeling the Trump numbers in the polls are fairly illusory. The boring reluctant guys will head out to vote, but the amount he loses to the case o' beer a night gang is probably higher than you'd think.

Reaction score
Right now, polls aren't nearly as accurate as in the past. I think it's due to the changing demographics etc. For instance, many of those polls rely on land lines. It's very difficult to zero in on a demographic which has largely cut that cord, eschews mainstream outlets in favor of social media, and doesn't have a 9-5 day job.

I think society has changed much faster than polling. I guess we will see on election day as it could even be wrong and Trump is well ahead. I talk to many younger folks who have grown up with an ingrained hatred for Clinton. They refuse to see anything bad about Trump simply because Clinton has been the devil since before they were old enough to vote.

Bernie had them, but the stink of Clinton may curse the Dem's no matter how unfairly she's being judged.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom