In Alexandria-- (1 Viewer)

Sounds like a nifty way to break into the Bud brewery when you get off and score some beer for the game Sunday..

It'd be great except for one minor detail: I don't drink that stuff.

Gimme an Abita, Fat Tire, Shiner, Red Stripe, Foster's, Newcastle, Bass/Guinness (or a combo thereof)...something with some oomph to it.

Weather on Yahoo yesterday said the temp would be around 70 this morning, falling to upper 40's by the time the kids got home, so I sent jackets in the backpacks and had them wear longsleeved shirts. Just as the bus arrived, it started to sprinkle and I swear, the temp dropped like a brick within MINUTES. We let the dogs out right after the bus left, and Drew had to go get a sweatshirt. Later on I had to take Drew to the airport, and on the way home about noon, the temp on the car thermometer said 38. I stopped by school to look for a missing jacket for kid #1 (had to send a hoodie with him this morning in lieu of the missing jacket), and there was a sign on the door instructing parents who were delivering jackets for their kids to leave them at the office, instead of delivering it to them at the classroom....don't these parents watch the weather?? I was worried for my kids since I overestimated the temperature (or Yahoo got it wrong, take your pick!) and maybe didn't dress them warmly enough, but I was amazed at the number of kids in shorts and t-shirts at school, with NO jackets. Dumb parents.

Drew just called me from NYC (he had to fly up for a couple of auditions), and said it was so much colder in Houston than up there....that is just wrong. Still, I love the cold....I got tired of it by February when we lived in NJ, but it was nice having a real WINTER. I wouldn't mind one snowfall a year -- of course, down here it is SNEAUX....

Fireplace is running, the wind is whistling, and we don't have to go out tonight....ahhhhhh.....

Dads, GORGEOUS horse!!! I didn't know you had horses....I'm jealous!

one side of Alexandria is listed as 54 and the other side is 65

61 degrees now. Wow....it is dropping super fast!

It's upper 30's at 4pm down here in Houston, Jayden....get ready!!

I'm letting my dogs out now for a quick potty trip, and then maybe they can wait until bedtime for their last trip. The young ones love the cold, and the two older ones are NY/NJ born-dogs, but the oldest one of those two has a tough time with the cold now so she doesn't need to be hanging around out there. The wind is sooo damp and cold; it's a good night for them to stay in and lounge by the fire too.

How's Dixie doing, Jayden? If she's an indoor dog, you may want to let her out before it gets much colder!

:cussing: blasted jet stream!!! I was hoping we could get some snow here in the Jackson area so I could skip a day or two of work, no such luck

My dad was driving from Monroe to Texas today and he told me when he was on the east side of Bossier City the temp was 78 degrees, but by the time he reached the Texas border, the temp was 48 degrees. WOW. And it'll be here soon enough. Guess I ought to go home and turn the heat up.

48 degrees now for those of you that are waitng for the tempatures of Monroe on the edge of your seat!

Here in OKC... we was at 73* on Monday... Well it started raining last night, turned to sleet.. and we now have 6 inches of snow and still snowing until tomorrow... Current temp is 19* with a wind chill of "0".

Done filled my bird feeder and gonna make some chili, drink a few beers, watch football and just hole up in the house. Cause us Okies don;t know how to drive in this mess...

And this is why I bought a Jeep. ;)

Joe

For a dude that's seen snow all of 2 times in his entire life we'll call it a snowman.

You should've made a totem pole out of that sleet, kemosabe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom