In Atlanta, Saints seek statement win, extra proof team has improved (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
snews.gif

The New Orleans Saints find themselves in an all-too-familiar position as they head into the final game of the season Sunday:

Out of the playoffs, right in the middle of the pack with seven wins and under a simmering cloud of speculation — albeit a small one — that this might be the year the Sean Payton era ends, this time with the Los Angeles Rams as the suitor for the franchise's all-time winningest coach.

But the Saints have remained adamant that this group is closer than the past two to turning the corner, even though a loss to the NFC South champion Atlanta Falcons on Sunday would leave New Orleans at 7-9 for the third straight year.

"I feel like the last three years, as tough as it’s been at times, the ups and downs and the disappointment ... being one or two games out and being able to look back on the season and say, 'I can find you one or two games we could have won,' " Brees said. "Probably could find you three or four games (this year), but man, that’s this league, and it’s tough to win. It’s tough to sustain, but I feel like we’ve got the right type of guys in this locker room now to do it."

BY JOEL A. ERICKSON

Full Story - The Advocate

More from the Advocate:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom