In case you missed this last year, Loomis, Mueller and our Coaching Staff (1 Viewer)

PaulU

Reaction score
are of the opinion that we already have playoff talent.
We are only one year removed from an NFC Championship Game. We will be selective on who we sign and it will be methodical.
Do Not expect us to go blow 33 Million on "big name" players. We are going to take on team players that will help fill some holes. We also have to extend some current player contracts.
So chill and see what happens. The Giants played as a team and just won the Super Bowl over all the big name Patriot players.

Good point but it would have felt good to get at least one more on D besides Vilma

It's not over yet and there are still some quality guys out there on both sides of the ball

The Giants went to the superbowl on their draft picks. The year we went to the NFC championship we had 4 starters from our rookies and 2 others were contributing till they got injured.
Vilma is a huge upgrade in or linebacking corps and we are making inroads to get other players to visit. This is one of the weakest FA periods ever because of the cap increase.
Right after the draft will be the second wave of FA's when veterans find themselves loosing their jobs to rookies.
I still think we will get a corner and probably another line backer in FA then do the rest in draft. I really think we need more help on the dline then anywhere. Our middle gets no push and makes our corners look even worse then they are.

The Giants went to the superbowl on their draft picks. The year we went to the NFC championship we had 4 starters from our rookies and 2 others were contributing till they got injured.
Vilma is a huge upgrade in or linebacking corps and we are making inroads to get other players to visit. This is one of the weakest FA periods ever because of the cap increase.
Right after the draft will be the second wave of FA's when veterans find themselves loosing their jobs to rookies.

Thank you!!

I dont know how anybody thinks the Saints left something on the table...there are not alot of options in FA this year, and there is still the Draft to consider....building a team is a process, and the process isnt over yet, free agency is 2 days old and people are already saying we failed (becuase we didnt get Briggs) already forgetting we got Vilma and he want a free agent, we had to go out and trade for him...we asserted ourselves to get better, we reached out, we are being pro active but at the same time seeing a bigger picture...your not gonna build a Super Bowl team in one offseason....you never really know how good your offseason was until the end of the season...you think the Giants knew that had a Super Bowl worthy offseason last year?

ALTHOUGH, how confident can we really be, after last years draft!!!!!!!!!!!! Not one player played!

Young and Mitchell played. We also got some guys last year that should pay off down the road, though. Alleman ought to start this year, or at least see a lot of time in rotation. Meachem has to be better than a scrub (please Lord!). So I doubt it was a complete bust of a draft.

I am not upset that we didn't land Briggs. He would have cost a lot more than he's worth -- all the big name free agents do. But we really have to get another DT, that is absolutely imperative. We've got the depth lined up already, we just lack a true starter at DT. I think we have to try to trade up for Dorsey or Ellis, whatever that takes.

This team went 7-9 last season, with a terrible secondary that made even back-up quarterbacks look like pro-bowlers. On top of that, we just lost our best cornerback at the end of the season to an ACL injury. Sorry, but this team is not a playoff contender and will be drafting between slots 1-5 if they don't draft well to improve that garbage defense that Payton ignored for two years straight.

There's gonna be a lot of disappointed Saints fans this year. I mean, losing a home game, ticket prices are going up, and now it's looking like the team won't be any better than last years:shrug:

There's gonna be a lot of disappointed Saints fans this year. I mean, losing a home game, ticket prices are going up, and now it's looking like the team won't be any better than last years:shrug:

50% ticket price increase on my Loge seats -- OUCH

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom