In ceiling speakers (1 Viewer)

You

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Im looking to install in ceiling speakers for my den which will support 5.1 surround system.

I'm hesitant to go this route for the left center right but my wife is leaving me little option.

As such, i need recommendation for the speakers. Money is an object as i am willing to spare money on the speakers to spend on the projector and screen.

Advice is appreciated.

Are you talking about recessed in the ceiling or the kind that mount on wall brackets? So what is your budget?

Mine are on wall brackets mounted up in the room corners next to the ceiling.

Put your foot down and tell the woman. No man should have to settle for less with his electronics. She gets everything else she wants but the buck stops there!

I bet you she would raise hell if you said something about her having a closet full of shoes.

No to in wall/ceiling speakers!

I'm talking recessed speakers Redfish. I currently have a pretty nice bose 5.1 system but with the newly remodled room I am being forced to go internal speakerwise. My budget would be below 1500 for a speaker system. I'll probably sell the bose system.

Its a bit of a compromise yeti, since I'm getting the ceiling mounted projector and the 112" diag. In ceiling mounted screen. She didn't want any of that. She has quite a lot of shoes so I'll keep that in mind when I angle we negotiate the grilling arrangement in the cabana.

My installer is looking around for me but I want to get as much info as i can otherwise. I'll check out your link leastbay. Thanks

I have two pairs of these Yamahas that I like pretty well:

They are angled internally so it matters how you install them. Also, I think the tweeters are aimable -- but I might be thinking about my other Yamaha speakers...

The installation depth on these is pretty high, so I actually had to create an installation ring out of 3/4 MDF in order to install these in the outer wall of my old house. No problems in the ceiling.

(note that I am not an audiophile)

thanks!

Do you have them installed in ceiling or in the wall?

I have their Pro Cinema Series with the back surrounds mounted on wall brackets. Fronts are on nice stands on each side of TV with Center Channel underneath.

Attachments

• Samsung.jpg
    Samsung.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 5
I highly recommend Triad's in-ceiling speakers... i have them installed in my living room.

icbronze8lcr.jpg

http://www.triadspeakers.com/products/icb8lcr.html

I have their Pro Cinema Series with the back surrounds mounted on wall brackets. Fronts are on nice stands on each side of TV with Center Channel underneath.

What stands are those? I'm going to do a similar setup.

my installer is recommending Proficient or Russound speakers.
I never heard of them but that's not saying much.

I've heard of Triad several times from other people Uncletravjim. I've looked into them and by just about every account, they're top performers. I have to find a way to price them though.

I've heard of Triad several times from other people Uncletravjim. I've looked into them and by just about every account, they're top performers. I have to find a way to price them though.

That's the hard part b/c they usually only sell through CEDIA installers. Over on the AVS Forums Paul Scarpelli (Triad marketing VP) used to be accessible to members and he was pretty helpful to me.

They are expensive, I have the lowest level and the 5 speakers and sub probably cost me about $3-4K (I can't remember exactly). I'm not an audiophile but what I liked most about them was the angled baffle that really made it sound like the sound was coming from the middle of the screen and not the ceiling.

I preferred to spend my money on the speakers and not my tv -- I stayed with a 32 inch CRT for a couple of years while I saved up for my current plasma... so priorities come into play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom