In defense of Winston ( gulp ) (1 Viewer)

He was with Chicago last year not Dallas. I get that people want another option but Dalton's performance over the past three years is nothing special.
Was it as bad as now? Like 5 turnovers in two games. Missing open receivers??

So if Kamara doesn’t fumble and we hit one of the field goals, do we have more points than Carolina?
For the moment maybe yall want to give a guy credit for half of a 4th quarter game 1 and 1 drive during game 3. He's played bad is it the injury maybe 🤔 but if he's that hurt and it's gonna be a excuse why is he continuing to start. Make it make sense.

For the moment maybe yall want to give a guy credit for half of a 4th quarter game 1 and 1 drive during game 3. He's played bad is it the injury maybe 🤔 but if he's that hurt and it's gonna be a excuse why is he continuing to start. Make it make sense.
Dude, it’s not about “giving credit”. No matter how poorly he played, this game if all remains the same was lost due to a turnover.

Dude, it’s not about “giving credit”. No matter how poorly he played, this game if all remains the same was lost due to a turnover.
If u say so saints were never in control of that game or close to making a real push. He doesn't give the team the best possible chance to win he should not be starting. I rather him sit 4 to 6 weeks if need be. Right now they had a opportunity to take control of the division and loss bad. They now have a small window of opportunity to actually catch the bucs. That's until Brady oline gets a little healthier and all his skill positions come back.

First let me ask a question, Olave was brilliant yesterday, but how is it fair to give none of the credit to Winston?, he did make some excellent throws to him
Went for over 350 yards, made two 3rd downs with good throws that were called back by dubious flags
Got us in to scoring position twice but we missed what should have been easy field goals, another drive killed by a fumble, another by 2 false starts
All in all l thought he played okay yesterday, much better than the previous 2 weeks
Still relieved we did not get Watson, or even Wilson, either one would have killed our future , even glad we did not get Jimmy G, considering our options at the start of the season l still think we made the right and only choice
As he starts to get healthier l do think he will get better, also tough for any quarterback to start with 3 division games in a row
Am not ready to throw in the towel just yet
He’s not going to even START to get healthy if he keeps playing. He needs rest to start to recover.

Yep. My unscientific observation is that Winston looks very shaky, unsure of himself, and sometimes flat out flummoxed. It’s very unnerving watching him drop back to pass.
And he looked the same way last year but with the ability to run and a little bit of luck going our way. His back isn't helping things but it's not the problem with him but just another contributing factor.

Well this is where the problem lies right, all bad teams have these type of excuses - well if we didnt fumble there, oh man imagine we didnt miss those 2 fgs! And the list goes on. Problem is, we did - Bigger problem is these dont seem to be one offs. They are re-occuring. Re-occuring usually means there is a bigger problem present - for me its coaching and preparation / focus. AK fumble was a little shocking for me when it happened, and to me it only happens when a player loses focus. Players tend to lose focus when they dont believe in what they are doing out there… offensively the plan is not good.

When it comes to Jameis i think he is much better then what he is showing - i also believe he is hurt. If he is hurt and it is taking away from his ability to make the plays he needs to, and also affecting his decision making, then its on the coaches to say hey we need you to rest, when youre healed and back to where you should be you can take the helm back. I do not think Dalton is better then Jameis, but i do think he is the better choice right now. Let the man heal and try again, because atm there is just something not right with him.

Well this is where the problem lies right, all bad teams have these type of excuses - well if we didnt fumble there, oh man imagine we didnt miss those 2 fgs! And the list goes on. Problem is, we did - Bigger problem is these dont seem to be one offs. They are re-occuring. Re-occuring usually means there is a bigger problem present - for me its coaching and preparation / focus. AK fumble was a little shocking for me when it happened, and to me it only happens when a player loses focus. Players tend to lose focus when they dont believe in what they are doing out there… offensively the plan is not good.

When it comes to Jameis i think he is much better then what he is showing - i also believe he is hurt. If he is hurt and it is taking away from his ability to make the plays he needs to, and also affecting his decision making, then its on the coaches to say hey we need you to rest, when youre healed and back to where you should be you can take the helm back. I do not think Dalton is better then Jameis, but i do think he is the better choice right now. Let the man heal and try again, because atm there is just something not right with him.
Exactly, team! Not one player. Everything you said I agree with. It’s not bashing Winston or coddling him. How many games over the years did the QB play well enough to win, but something else went wrong? That’s what we had yesterday.

Was it as bad as now? Like 5 turnovers in two games. Missing open receivers??
look it up, his only options were back up after Dallas and now here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom