In Islam, why dogs are considered impure animal? (1 Viewer)

You mean that my dog only loves me 'cause I feed him-- not because I'm a great guy?? :dunno: :(

I only meant that in regards to their propencity and motivation to learn.

Your dog obviously only loves you because you are a great guy :9:

Animals do things only for reward without any other motivation-instinct being their sole driving force.

You make sound and valid points, But this statement can be impletemented on Humans as well. All actions have a risk/reward value. Reward for adhering to Bible or Koran is eternity in heaven, right? Which is great motivation for a man who fears for his souls future after death. Even in those who are without faith you perform each action based on the outcome. You are nice to people around you, the reward is courtesy in 180. You play a game, the reward is entertainment. You study hard to become a Doctor, the reward is an elite profession that will provide wealth for yourself and family.

What I mean is everything is relative and can applied to each species of animal. Humans have developed beyond any other animal and dominate the planet. We have the ability to have complex thoughts and solve complex problems. We have the ability to research and study all aspects of existence. We apply theory and practical means to solve A through Z.

I respect all of your opinions and i appeciate all discussions we have on these topics. I will not claim to be as educated on any of these subjects as you or Taurus and anyone else but I do learn alot each time we take a stab the greatest debate of modern man.

All actions have a risk/reward value.

Yes, but as humans we hope our actions have a value of a more informed consciousness than creatures of a lesser intelligence. As humans I think we still go further than that what is instinct which was the point I was making, not that we dont also mimic some of these actions, since we all exist in the same physical world. Human parents sacrifice a lot for children and if it was just about the survival of the species then it wouldnt matter if the parents ever saw their children again. Animals may risk their lives for their young, but its instinct and only about the continuation of the species. Human strangers often risk their lives for people without a thought. I doubt they think in doing it they will become a martyr. Its about doing the natural good which I think is innate in all of us. In that sense we possess more since we are an individual. With that said, I see your point as we are creatures of habit and pleasure which reduces us to animals often times.

Risk and reward questions are just an element to the previous question of the differences in human/animal culpability in their actions. I will usually come from a different angle to such issues because I come from a faith background in the way I will feel more than just an evolved animal. If people possess a different belief that is nonfaith based then much of my debate would need to be prefaced with a better understanding of the basic tenets of philosophical theology which cant be done on any one post. Hence the problem.

Anyway, I usually tease my GF about the idea of animals going to heaven. I tell her they cant as I dont understand on what basis and she feels bad, but I usually concede God can do what He wants if He decides to ultimately. I havent really concerned myself with the salvation of animals because it doesnt concern my own. I respect them as a creation of God that should never be needlessly harmed. Of course that is another subjective question these days in what constitutes harm? You have brought up some good questions and I enjoyed reading up on the subject.

As humans our actions are based on basic instinct with a lifetime and generations of learning and study to sway our final decision either way.

There are humans that abandon their young or even abort their offspring. There are also animals that will abandon their young. I am not positive but won't birds abandon their chicks if they can smell the scent of humans or other animals on the birds. I don't know how true that is I was always told that as a child. I believe also that if a dog is whimpering or a deer is crying that other animals will check on the animal. Simply because of instinct.

I am not positive but won't birds abandon their chicks if they can smell the scent of humans

They only abandon them when they smell rosemary and thyme.

As humans our actions are based on basic instinct with a lifetime and generations of learning and study to sway our final decision either way.

There are humans that abandon their young or even abort their offspring. There are also animals that will abandon their young. I am not positive but won't birds abandon their chicks if they can smell the scent of humans or other animals on the birds. I don't know how true that is I was always told that as a child. I believe also that if a dog is whimpering or a deer is crying that other animals will check on the animal. Simply because of instinct.

All animals do this.

As a theory, I often wonder if a mother eats certain young because they can sense or smell abnormalities and euthanize them right off the bat. It's survival of the fittest and if they come out already weakened, they just end it now. It's also for the survival of the family. If the family can't move fast enough because of the slow one(s), then you leave yourself vulnerable to predators and/or you might not make it to your destination soon enough to get a good territory. Then, the whole family dies or is relegated to fighting harder for anything they need.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom