in need of a good auto mechanic/repair shop (1 Viewer)

v3kt0r

Count de Monet
Reaction score
Getting the old clutch screech whenever it's down. Sound releases as I let the clutch out. The thing was fine last night. I start it up today and it sounds like a banshee.

Anyway....It's a 98 Jeep Cherokee with 88Kmiles. It could be the beginning of the end or I just might need a bearing replaced (?...thats what someone told me the best case scenario would be). From what I understand this shouldn't be anything too difficult to diagnose and repair.

Any recommendations in the New Orleans area? I live in uptown near Napoleon Ave & St. Charles.

I looked at Citysearch and Pit Stop is close by but the last two reviews were 1-star.

edit: yes, a 'good' mechanic. duh

crescent city automotive is only a few blocks from you. ask for Kevin Newton, the owner. and tell him Ray from 5 Minute Oil Change recommended him. his brother was my boss at 5 Minute for five years until we both got promoted and i moved to another district.

it definitely sounds like the throwout bearing is going out, but with your mileage, it would be wise to change the clutch and pressure plate too. you usually only get 100k miles out of an OEM clutch, give or take 20k. so you are right in that zone.

oh yeah, and pay cash, its always cheaper.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom