In our last 7 home games we've allowed 262 points (1 Viewer)

There's some good news: This season opposing QB rating is down to 105.8 from 116.2.

That's because we've given up 2 rushing TD's per game. Last season we gave up less than 1 per game. Teams don't even have to risk throwing it this season.

So who do we have to add to the offense to score 38 points a game?:scratch:

I never thought I would say it, but Payton's Saints are a bottom dweller. Just atrocious to put that kind of product out on your home field game after game.

That's because we've given up 2 rushing TD's per game. Last season we gave up less than 1 per game. Teams don't even have to risk throwing it this season.

They would have to pass if our o could srill score tds every drive again

I never thought I would say it, but Payton's Saints are a bottom dweller. Just atrocious to put that kind of product out on your home field game after game.

I've never seen a bottom dweller with such an incredible player under center. They aren't exactly starting Billy Joe Tolliver at QB, which makes this whole fiasco unimaginably egregious.

Maybe you quiet kids need to cheer louder in the dome?

If our defense sucks at home its because the crowd blows. Theres no other excuse for offenses to do better versus the saints on the road where they can hear each other.

They would have to pass if our o could srill score tds every drive again

The 2011 team gave up 30 points in 4 games. We were 1-3 in those games.

You can't give up 30 points a game and win in the NFL.

I think the announcers said that the Saints record was 4-11 out of the last 15 games at home.

Crazy.

No longer are the days that we enjoy the benefits of domefield advantage.
Hard to think now that there was a time when coming to the Dome was a
real and formidable obsticale to victory for our opponents. From long odds
to short, it is a very stark contrast to when we were tuely dominant at home.

Add to that all the preseason games, which admittedly do not count in the
regular season standings, but still ... It's definitely not helping matters ...
Tuff for fans who have not been able to just enjoy win. It is really getting to
the point were the expectation of even a home win is becoming the exception
not the rule ...

Personally I see sparkles of improvement and some things to be encouraged
by but in geneal there is just not consistent overall improvement year on year.
We definitely are not just a couple of pieces away from a championship. After
So many years worst to first in our division and this notion of parity in the
league it distorts your sense of expectations for improvement.

It is definitely an adjustment for those who could hang thier hat on watching a
game to lift thier spirits. It helps to watch with friends that you can commiserate
with and to not take it too seriously ...

just an unmitigated disaster. yeah we have a new DC but is he really "new" with vitt and johnson still around or is this just the guy that would go along with sean's meddling without making any waves? we are the absolute bottom of the barrel and that's with arguably the best QB to play the game, which means without that one hyper-talented indvidual we are probably 2 or 3x worse than the browns overall. just an absolutely inexcusable mess any way you look at it. if this were any other team we'd be watching our new coach's welcoming press conference right now. instead we're basically stuck where we are until benson or his wife sell the team.

The 2011 team gave up 30 points in 4 games. We were 1-3 in those games.

You can't give up 30 points a game and win in the NFL.
Gasp! But wait.....weren't those losses. ..on the road as it pertains to this thread?

just an unmitigated disaster. yeah we have a new DC but is he really "new" with vitt and johnson still around or is this just the guy that would go along with sean's meddling without making any waves? we are the absolute bottom of the barrel and that's with arguably the best QB to play the game, which means without that one hyper-talented indvidual we are probably 2 or 3x worse than the browns overall. just an absolutely inexcusable mess any way you look at it. if this were any other team we'd be watching our new coach's welcoming press conference right now. instead we're basically stuck where we are until benson or his wife sell the team.

Allen isn't new as he was here under Williams. Bringing in Allen is just another sign pointing to Payton not knowing why the Super Bowl years happened. He's trying to rehash what was already done hoping it works again. Unfortunately it's a league of innovation, so trying to go back 7 years to recreate the past isn't going to work.

There's a reason Gruden is in the announcer's booth. He won his Super Bowl, didn't know how to recreate it, then toiled in mediocrity until fired. Payton is following the same path.

You're missing the point. There is a lack of talent throughout the defense and yes, lack of good corners can permeate and compromise the entire unit.

Sorry I didn't list every little thing that is wrong with the defense. Also sorry for forgetting that posts like this are about what the last thing we remembered from the last game is (being gashed by the run) rather than the entire body of work.

My mistake.

I was at the game and haven't scrubbed through the recording of the game, but Crawley played well, from what I saw.

Allen isn't new as he was here under Williams. Bringing in Allen is just another sign pointing to Payton not knowing why the Super Bowl years happened. He's trying to rehash what was already done hoping it works again. Unfortunately it's a league of innovation, so trying to go back 7 years to recreate the past isn't going to work.

There's a reason Gruden is in the announcer's booth. He won his Super Bowl, didn't know how to recreate it, then toiled in mediocrity until fired. Payton is following the same path.

Dennis Allen was a hiring from within because there was nobody else out there. I dont think he is the answer even with a healthy defense. We need a DC that knows defense and has had success. Rob Ryan, Steve Spagnola, and Gary Gibbs werent guys to be looking at.

We need a proven guy but I dont think we will get that. We would need lightening in a bottle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom