In our last 7 home games we've allowed 262 points (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
That's 37.43 points per game.

All the injuries have really added up but it's far from our only problem. Take away the pick 6 last night and the defense was simply average to what they have been over the last seasons worth of home games.

The Chiefs over the same stretch? They've allowed 95 points. The difference between the Saints and Chiefs defense is 167 points or 23.86 points per game. That 23.86 points per game difference is just dumb.

23.86 points per game is how many more points we've been giving up per game MORE than the Chiefs. That 23.86 points per game is more than 20 teams offenses averaged per game last season.

So, if you were wondering just how far we are from a top tier defense. Only that much.

This is no BS......., I feel more confident with a road game than I do in the dome.

That's 37.43 points per game.

All the injuries have really added up but it's far from our only problem. Take away the pick 6 last night and the defense was simply average to what they have been over the last seasons worth of home games.

The Chiefs over the same stretch? They've allowed 95 points. The difference between the Saints and Chiefs defense is 167 points or 23.86 points per game. That 23.86 points per game difference is just dumb.

23.86 points per game is how many more points we've been giving up per game than the Chiefs. That 23.86 points per game is more than 20 teams offenses averaged per game last season.

So, if you were wondering just how far we are from a top tier defense. Only that much.

Marcus Peters will likely have more INT's in his 2 year career than we will have over the last 3 as a Defense. We passed on him for Peat :| meanwhile Strief is still starting and going nowhere a year later. Its dunce moves like that among others that have lead us to this dumpster fire. I was embarrassed that trash was even on TV last night.

Just for fun, if you gave the Broncos offense just the difference in points allowed between the Saints and Chiefs over that stretch they would have gone 17-5 since the start of last season and still won the Super Bowl.

You can't make this **** up.

Injuries. When you're trotting out UDFA rookies at CB in the NFL, ones that don't even seem all that good potential-wise, then you're going to give up absurd amounts of points.

Injuries. When you're trotting out UDFA rookies at CB in the NFL, ones that don't even seem all that good potential-wise, then you're going to give up absurd amounts of points.
You didn't watch the game.

Except, this includes the last 5 home games from last season too. You know, when we had one starting corner and our #1 corner going into this season with healthy safeties.

You're missing the point. There is a lack of talent throughout the defense and yes, lack of good corners can permeate and compromise the entire unit.

Sorry I didn't list every little thing that is wrong with the defense. Also sorry for forgetting that posts like this are about what the last thing we remembered from the last game is (being gashed by the run) rather than the entire body of work.

My mistake.

Except, this includes the last 5 home games from last season too. You know, when we had one starting corner and our #1 corner going into this season with healthy safeties.
And a different DC and secondary coach.

I'm not justifying or anything. But full context. Hide nothing.

The story is easier to decipher when all the facts are laid bare.

right that amount of points is a little more than some banged up corners from this season. You can't explain that away with injuries to our guys this season.

And a different DC and secondary coach.

I'm not justifying or anything. But full context. Hide nothing.

The story is easier to decipher when all the facts are laid bare.

All but 2 of those games came under Allen.

There's some good news: This season opposing QB rating is down to 105.8 from 116.2.

I think the announcers said that the Saints record was 4-11 out of the last 15 games at home.

Marcus Peters will likely have more INT's in his 2 year career than we will have over the last 3 as a Defense. We passed on him for Peat :| meanwhile Strief is still starting and going nowhere a year later. Its dunce moves like that among others that have lead us to this dumpster fire. I was embarrassed that trash was even on TV last night.

For the 1st time, Peat played his natural position and it was on MNF. And he played extremely well. But I agree with you about Peters

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom