Saints In Payton Era, have we ever...? (1 Viewer)

Lunchbox

1st Victory: 9/22/13
Reaction score
Have we ever lost a game in the Payton era when we've blocked a punt? And where does that number (of blocked punts) sit? I can think of four: Gleason (of course), Mauti, Hardee, and, now, Hill...

Now that you mention it, I can't think of one off the top of my head. But there's got to be a game in the 7-9 years where we blocked a punt and didn't win.

I can remember back to the first few seasons of the Jim Mora era when the special teams blocked multiple punts and field goals. It literally won a few games, making the special teams more instrumental to winning than the offense was in those days.

Nice to see the special teams come up big, and not a moment too soon yesterday.

Remember hearing a stat, that when we Block a Falcon punt, we always win those games. I've been wondering how that stat compares to when we play anyone else.

Didn’t we block a punt against the Falcons in 2016 and lose?

Didn’t we block a punt against the Falcons in 2016 and lose?

I just went through the PBP for those games and didn’t see one. I guess we are undefeated.

The opening game of the 2012 season against the Redskins. Martez Wilson blocked a punt and subsequently scored a touchdown.

Wow! I guess I've blocked out most details of the Minnesota game last year... I forgot we blocked a punt in that game...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom