In praise of Cam Jordan, the New Orleans Saints' elite ironman (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1546130572874.png
(Michael DeMocker, Nola.com / The Times-Picayune)

By Jeff Duncan | NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

I don’t know which New Orleans Saints regulars are going to sit out Sunday’s game against the Carolina Panthers at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

But I know Cam Jordan won’t be one of them.

The veteran defensive end scoffed this week when asked about his playing status for the Panthers.

“Are you kidding me, this is Carolina, an in-division opponent,” Jordan said incredulously when asked about this week about his playing status. “I’m built for this.”

If anyone is entitled to a day off on the Saints defense it’s Jordan. He’s played almost every snap of every game since he entered the league eight years ago.

Jordan has started 112 consecutive games and 126 of 127 games overall in his eight-year career. Happenstance produced his only missed start. In Week 16 of his rookie season, he sat out the first snap because the Atlanta Falcons employed an unusual four-receiver set on the game’s opening play from scrimmage, forcing the Saints to abandon their normal starting lineup for a sub-package. Jordan entered the game on the ensuing snap and hasn’t missed a start since. ...

Full Story - NOLA.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom