In Retro: Was the SB Worth Forfeiting 2012 Season & 2 Lost 2nd Rounders? (1 Viewer)

Was the SB Worth Forfeiting 2012 Season & 2 Lost 2nd Rounders?

• Yes

Votes: 211 83.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 5.9%
  • I'm Obstinate and POd so I choose neither!

Votes: 28 11.0%

• Total voters

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
This is not a discussion about what happened or didn't happen or may have happened. We won the 2009 SB with GW. We forfeited the 2012 season and 2 2nd picks as a result of GW. Was it worth it to you?

Yes. Every vicious hit on Warner and Favre made me cringe because I expected some kind of consequence (flag or fine). Well we got consequences much later. But it was worth it.

This is not a discussion about what happened or didn't happen or may have happened. We won the 2009 SB with GW. We forfeited the 2012 season and 2 2nd picks as a result of GW. Was it worth it to you?

Seriously? That was the 'deal' for getting the Lombardi in 2009??? :scratch:

so... the SB is to blame? winning the SB didn't destroy our season, Rog did that all on his lonesome...

I'd take 4 more years just like the last four in a heartbeat.

The SB triumph had nothing to do with "bounties" or court cases. We won the title fair and square. All that came later was the result of the Commissioner trying to position himself favourably to defend the impending lawsuits brought by thousands of ex-players. There is no asterisk. The Saints did not cheat or gain any unfair advantage at all. We were simply scapegoats in a political game of chess.

The SB triumph had nothing to do with "bounties" or court cases. We won the title fair and square. All that came later was the result of the Commissioner trying to position himself favourably to defend the impending lawsuits brought by thousands of ex-players. There is no asterisk. The Saints did not cheat or gain any unfair advantage at all. We were simply scapegoats in a political game of chess.

BAM. this... we were the scapegoats

I couldn't agree with you more. There is and will be no asterisk.

But it is clear after the Tags investigation that Goodell warned the Saints in 2010, and GW continued his P-for-P program. If GW had stopped this in 2010, there would have been no Boutnygate. And as you said above, we became the NFL scapegoat for their coming legal defense against the former player concussion lawsuits.

Ask Cleveland Brown fans if they would give up one season and two second round picks for a Lombardi Trophy. Shoot, it seems like they give up those things constantly without any positivity.

We didnt forfeit anything because of GW. You cannot quantify our 2012 season nor the punishment laid out by the NFL within such a narrow parameter.

We lost those things because Roger Goodell is a ******-bag. You dont have that as a choice so I abstain...

Since this is now a family friendly format, I cannot properly convey my contempt and disgust in a meaningful manner, to the OP question.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom