In retrospect Saints stole Vilma (1 Viewer)

BuffaloSaint

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In my opinion Loomis performed some highway robbery.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/09/are_the_saints_running_scared.html

By the way, here's the official version on what the Jets got in exchange for LB Jonathan Vilma. The Jets received a fourth-round pick from the Saints in 2008 and a conditional pick in 2009. That conditional pick became a third-rounder and the Jets returned a fourth-rounder in 2009 to the Saints.

Thus, the Jets received a fourth-round pick in 2008 (CB Dwight Lowery) and a third-round pick in 2009, which they used to trade up to draft RB Shonn Greene and the Saints got Vilma and a fourth-round pick in 2009.

We used our 4th on Stanley Arnoux.

They did have a BEAST waiting in the wings to replace Vilma, in David Harris, so I doubt Jets fans are still bitter over the trade.

David Harris is probably a top 10 contender for DPOY atm.

Tennessee+Titans+v+New+York+Jets+3Cn1V8blKScl.jpg

Loomis and Peyton sure love to take chances on injured players, and it sure has paid off. We've gotten our best offensive and defensive players that way.:worthy:

In my opinion Loomis performed some highway robbery.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/09/are_the_saints_running_scared.html

By the way, here's the official version on what the Jets got in exchange for LB Jonathan Vilma. The Jets received a fourth-round pick from the Saints in 2008 and a conditional pick in 2009. That conditional pick became a third-rounder and the Jets returned a fourth-rounder in 2009 to the Saints.

Thus, the Jets received a fourth-round pick in 2008 (CB Dwight Lowery) and a third-round pick in 2009, which they used to trade up to draft RB Shonn Greene and the Saints got Vilma and a fourth-round pick in 2009.

We used our 4th on Stanley Arnoux.

I don't think we stole him. He didn't fit in the 3-4 defense, so he wasn't playing like he did in his rookie season. Then he was coming off an injury so I think a fourth round pick is about right.

Loomis and Peyton sure love to take chances on injured players, and it sure has paid off. We've gotten our best offensive and defensive players that way.:worthy:

I was thinking the same thing. Brees, Shockey, Vilma. Who else?

We definantly stole Vilma and overpaid a bit for Shockey. I'm thrilled to have both though and if you consider them a package, we got value in my opinion.

in retrospect it was a tarde that worked out well for everyone. we got lowery and shonn green you got vilma and arneux. obviously we don't know how arnuex and green will turn out but lowery has been a solid pick for us. vilma was a misfit LBer in our system and coming off a season ending knee injury. and vilma's best trait is his speed. so what could we do with a undersized LBer hwo didn't fit our system coming off a knee injury? we wound up getting a 3rd rounder for him which is great value. and the sainsts got a solid starting MLB in the 4-3 (bilma was great in the 4-3 for us) for a 3rd round pick. everyone won

Forget hindsight. We was shouting with glee at the theft when it happened, and we all knew we stole him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom