In Sean Payton I trust (1 Viewer)

We will have a top 10 OLINE this year.

Our defense will show improvement and quite possibly end up in the top 22. Strong possibility that we end up in top half at forcing turnovers.

We get to play a lot of indoor and warm weather games.

Cooks is going to be a superstar but won't make the pro bowl. Is there a bigger joke in sports than the pro bowl?

Kruger is a great signing.

Fleener will get better and better.

Peat will go from whipping boy to our second best OLINEMAN.

PJ Williams will make great plays and bad plays. I still love him. Williams will make everyone forget about Keenan 'highly overrated' Lewis.

We will go 10-6 or 11-5. The defense is improved and Sean Payton is an offensive genius. Preseason means nothing compared to 10 years of history.

The raiders are in for a long day next Sunday.

Im with you Dan... I love my coach! I have faith in him and my team! The thing I love about him the most, is his ability to admit when he is wrong. Ihave full confidence in our staff. Cant wait for the season to start!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will have a top 10 OLINE this year.

Our defense will show improvement and quite possibly end up in the top 22. Strong possibility that we end up in top half at forcing turnovers.

We get to play a lot of indoor and warm weather games.

Cooks is going to be a superstar but won't make the pro bowl. Is there a bigger joke in sports than the pro bowl?

Kruger is a great signing.

Fleener will get better and better.

Peat will go from whipping boy to our second best OLINEMAN.

PJ Williams will make great plays and bad plays. I still love him. Williams will make everyone forget about Keenan 'highly overrated' Lewis.

We will go 10-6 or 11-5. The defense is improved and Sean Payton is an offensive genius. Preseason means nothing compared to 10 years of history.

The raiders are in for a long day next Sunday.

I think you're probably correct and hope you're right, but if your history of economic prognostication provides any insight then we're going 2 and 14. :ezbill:

I'll trust him once I see something better than 7-9. Last year I predicted 8-8 and I was still let down.

I have faith in Sean, but not the blind faith I once had. There's nothing wrong with that. Very few coaches are stellar year in and year out. I do believe the armor is cracked though. Not severely, but just enough to cast a little doubt.

When Sean chose to go in to last season with Rob Ryan and Dennis Allen, my blind faith paused. It was obvious what would happen. I thought that he should have picked one and stuck with it. Actually, I think he should have fired Ryan once he made the decision to bring DA back. RR was a lame duck. It was just a terrible decision IMO. It bought disfunction to a team that was trying to rebound defensively and repair culture overall.

They say, "you are what your record says you are". If thats the case, while Sean has an 80-48 record with the Saints, he has also been a 7-9 coach 3 of the last 4 seasons. During that 4 year stretch, he's a .500 regular season coach over all. Yes, flubs by the front office have played a part in that, but how much did Sean have to do with those decisions? I don't know, I'm honestly asking. If not at all, he was dealt some bad hands by Mr. Make it Happen. If Sean participated, then he helped bring some of the personnel issues on himself.

I believe Sean is an elite level coach....but he has to turn things around soon if that blind faith is to return. A rebuilding process started last year. We should be better this year than we were last year. If not, the crack in the armor gets a little bigger. Next year, no excuses.

That's the stupidest prediction I've ever heard. Top 10 OL? Lmao. Not even close.

The problem with Payton is that he is a brilliant offensive mind, but he can be stubborn at times. We all know by now that Payton likes to play big. He attacks the seems or looks for YAC plays via screens and other trick plays. the Saints Offense relies too much on the big yardage play to work up field. They are not the best at moving methodically down field. In order to make big plays, Brees has to have time to throw, hence the need for great guards.

So Payton has to decide if he is willing to change his offensive scheme for this saints team or not. Will he adapt or not, is the big question to me. I think the talent is there to play more of a dink and dunk offense, or to setup YAC plays with players like Cooks, Spiller, TommyLee and Cadet. Thomas, Fleener, Ingram and Hightower can handle ball control.

I think Payton will have to acnkowledge that they have to get rid of the ball faster in order to keep Brees upright. If his stubborness gets in the way - which could happen (something that happens often to smart people) - then the season could be in jeopardy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom