In Teddy 1st game starting... We needed TWO non-offensive TDs to win and only won by 6 points. It's highly likely that we will lose. (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Teddy had over a year in our system with a real off season, OTA, and training camp.

So, it's very likely that we will lose and that's just the thing about completely rebuilding an offense around a new passer. Especially, a passer with so little chemistry and familiarity within our system.

There will be growing pains. There will be mistakes. If we squeak out a win. It will be our toughest win of the year.

Last edited:
A little bit of hindsight logic here, because who knows what the game flow would have been had we not gotten those scores on defense. That said, I do agree there needs to be some expectation management this week.

A little bit of hindsight logic here, because who knows what the game flow would have been had we not gotten those scores on defense. That said, I do agree there needs to be some expectation management this week.
what time sunday does the gameday thread go haywire? game starts at 12:00. is 12:10 too late?

What do you mean this week? We need to manage expectations almost every week. We are facing a divisional rival, which means any team could win. The Bucs game is one of the few blowouts in recent memory, but most games are close. Any given Sunday.

Teddy had over a year in our system with a real off season, OTA, and training camp.

So, it's very likely that we will lose and that's just the thing about completely rebuilding an offense around a new passer. Especially, a passer with so little chemistry and familiarity within our system.

There will be growing pains. There will be mistakes.

You're disregarding the fact that it was a road game against a 2-0 (and perennially contending) SEA as opposed to a home game against a 3-6 ATL team whose only fighting chance is a combo of new car smell from a coaching change and our susceptibility to trap games plus you're also disregarding the fact that we're better suited for this now than last year since we already had to deal with losing Brees for a third of last season.

Even with Drew I've been concerned about this game. The falcons have nothing to lose and they always get it up for the Saints. This is always like their Super Bowl. The Jets could blow them out one week and they could turn around and beat us the next.

I'm just hoping our defense can come in reasonably healthy. Can't afford to get into a shootout with them.

Well, that's the spirit. I know you're just telling yourself this to temper expectations.

Yeah, of course, we could lose. But you can't compare. Teddy hadn't played a full game in, what, two years except for whatever he played in pre-season, I guess. Jameis played all last year albeit with a different team. He's had about 2.5 quarters of real game experience and with Drew being limited the last couple of weeks, I assume he's gotten more reps at practice. And CGM hasn't been playing so it's not like Drew had any chemistry with him either. But I'm just not willing to say we're def. worse off than we were with Teddy's first game last year.

That Seattle game last year wasn’t that close. The Seahawks scored two garbage time TDs in the final couple minutes of the game, if I remember correctly.
You see how garbag time TD has turned into flow blown comebacks this year...

You're disregarding the fact that it was a road game against a 2-0 (and perennially contending) SEA as opposed to a home game against a 3-6 ATL team whose only fighting chance is a combo of new car smell from a coaching change and our susceptibility to trap games plus you're also disregarding the fact that we're better suited for this now than last year since we already had to deal with losing Brees for a third of last season.
Divisional opponents are harder. ATL is really a 6-3 if not for the blown leads.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom