In the Sean Payton era, which picks were you the MOST WRONG about (good or bad)? (1 Viewer)

Andrus Peat and Kenny Vaccaro.

With Vaccaro I thought that we could convert Corey White to safety or draft Honey Badger at least. I didn't care for the move, but Vaccaro brought that roughness to the defense that was missing for awhile.

Ryan Ramczyk. I knew it was never a bad thing to add OL. But I didnt like the pick. Mostly because we traded away a deadly weapon for that pick, and didnt use the pick on a weapon. At the time I felt it was a mistake. Especially since I really didnt know much about the young man.

It was probably the first draft where I really began to dig in and learn the names and stats of a lot of the prospects. So I had quite a few draft crushes for the first time and he wasnt om my list. I learned a lot from that.

Good: Alvin Kamara. Didn't like the trade up at the time. Then again, all of us were in the same boat because if we knew exactly how good he was, we would have drafted him in the first round.

Bad: Stephone Anthony. Thought he was going to be a mainstay for years. Now he's the face of draft busts for the black and gold.

Jimmy Graham. I wasn’t happy at all about that pick simply because there were tight ends that I heard of that were still available.

While I was ticked off that they used two mid-first round picks to move up for him, I was certain that Jonathan Sullivan was going to be a beast. Turns out he was just a feast. Those two first rounders could have been Dallas Clark, Calvin Pace, Jeff Faine, Willis McGahee or Nnamdi Asomugha. :covri:

I was absolutely right about Rick Middleton. I told a friend right after they drafted him that he wouldn't be with the team within a year or two. He thought I was nuts. The nut was the idiot that took him instead of teammate Randy Gradishar.

For me, it was:

2015: Stephone Anthony (...thought he was going to be a solid acquisition)
2016: Mike Thomas (...knew he would be good, but didn't think he was going to be AS GOOD as he is)

:gosaints:

Mine was Thomas Morstead. I was like...a punter? We seriously moved up for that!?!? Never glad to be more wrong.

But I will say I was 100% right about Kamara. I wanted him from the start

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom