In the Sean Payton era, which picks were you the MOST WRONG about (good or bad)? (1 Viewer)

Stephone Anthony . I thought he was going to man the middle for 10 years... But then again, I was dead right about Stanley Jean-Baptiste... unfortunately.

Was 100% right about MT (said he was the best WR in the draft). Loved the AK pick. Was completely confused about the SJB.

Was wrong about AA, Anthony, but most of all....Cam Jordan. I thought his ceiling was just being a good run stopper. Dude turned out to be one of the best overall DEs in the NFL. Top 3 easily and has been for awhile

Mark Ingram, though not when he was initially drafted.

By 2013, I was just completely ready to move on from him.........until the Dallas game.

Even after that, it was 2014 before it just really "clicked" with me that he was a special talent.

I was very excited about Stanley Jean Baptiste or whatever is name is out of Nebraska.

I was also excited about the RB we drafted in the 4th round and then cut before he ever took a snap for some rookie free agent by the name of Pierre Thomas.

I was through the moon about Stanley Jean-Baptiste. After dozens of mocks I remember coming to the conclusion that if we wanted him, we’d have to take him I. The second. I felt like such a draft guru when we took him in the second and I just KNEW he was going to be the next superstar corner.... wow.

While I was ticked off that they used two mid-first round picks to move up for him, I was certain that Jonathan Sullivan was going to be a beast. Turns out he was just a feast. Those two first rounders could have been Dallas Clark, Calvin Pace, Jeff Faine, Willis McGahee or Nnamdi Asomugha. :covri:

I was absolutely right about Rick Middleton. I told a friend right after they drafted him that he wouldn't be with the team within a year or two. He thought I was nuts. The nut was the idiot that took him instead of teammate Randy Gradishar.
That was Haslett

Stephone Anthony . I thought he was going to man the middle for 10 years... But then again, I was dead right about Stanley Jean-Baptiste... unfortunately.
I was the exact opposite. I was P'Oed we selected Stephone Anthony over Eric Kendricks.
And I thought Jean-Baptist was going to develop into Richard Sherman

I was the exact opposite. I was P'Oed we selected Stephone Anthony over Eric Kendricks.
And I thought Jean-Baptist was going to develop into Richard Sherman
I was way too emotionally invested pre-2015 draft. I learned my lesson to not get too attached to players with that draft.
I admittedly liked dorial green-Beckham, who was a bust. But I was right about Landon Collins. I wanted the saints to draft him at 31 to play a hybrid LB/SS in a 3 safety set alongside vaccaro (our LB corps was terrible-ellerbe was good but couldn’t stay healthy). I wanted saints to make that pick and select Kwon Alexander in the 3rd.

I was the most wrong about Michael Thomas. I said I didn’t like how he runs because it looks a bit inefficient going side to side. Happy to be wrong.

Good Picks I was wrong about. Devery Henderson, I liked the idea of a WR in the 2nd but at the time, WT* is Devery?
He will forever be a legend!!!!! Real life and Madden!!!

Bad picks I liked at the time.
Chip Vaughn. I expected more from him and that draft class in general. Never broke into more than special teams
Martez Wilson
every year I want the team to draft a Solid LB that can run up and down the field crushing everything. Wilson was that false prophet.
Khiry Forte he must have been a DB or something idk what happened iirc he was unhappy in preseason missed film sessions team meetings late for team meetings.

Picks I was right about.
The Jimmy Graham. He didnt have the experience but with how we have seen with the offense I knew he would dominate in N.O.
Thomas Moresteadt. When we drafted him I wasnt very familiar, I mean he's a punter right?
I looked him up and saw him launching kick after kick, I hope he punts for us until retirement.

Michael Thomas. I didnt expect him to transition so quickly I thought that by year 3 he could start to take over in the passing game ect. I didnt know it would be every sunday MT flexing in the end zone pulling out cell phones!!!

Easy question.

My expectations were certainly higher for Anthony and lower for Kamara.

Bad - Ellis
I thought he would be dominant and he was a bust.

Good - Ingram
I liked him, but was upset with how much we gave up to get him. Ingram will forever be a favorite of mine.

While I was ticked off that they used two mid-first round picks to move up for him, I was certain that Jonathan Sullivan was going to be a beast. Turns out he was just a feast. Those two first rounders could have been Dallas Clark, Calvin Pace, Jeff Faine, Willis McGahee or Nnamdi Asomugha. :covri:

I was absolutely right about Rick Middleton. I told a friend right after they drafted him that he wouldn't be with the team within a year or two. He thought I was nuts. The nut was the idiot that took him instead of teammate Randy Gradishar.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Sullivan drafted by Jim Haslett and his brain trust?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom