In the Sean Payton era, which picks were you the MOST WRONG about (good or bad)? (1 Viewer)

The best one i was wrong about was Cameron Jordan. I got so mad when they picked him over Mark Ingram I left a big draft party in disgust. And by the time I got home The Saints tradedup & got Ingram as well.
The bad was Nick Toon. I thought he could be a great player for us. Did that turn out not to be.

I guess mine would be Lattimore, but thats still debatable, with a past filled with injuries I did not like the idea of wasting a 1st rd pick after our season before riddled with DB injuries...

I can also say I wasnt to excited as well with Payton signing a QB for 10 mil a year with a current shoulder injury ... :)

Not to boast but im batting a pretty good percentage here lately. Grant it some players may have produced even more then I thought they would.

I would have to say Martez Wilson. I though he was total steal of that draft, and for his first season in a limited pass rushing role alongside junior Gallette. He def looked the part. Injuries derailed the rest of his career and never came close to his potential after that.

We ended up cutting him a couple years later and then he signed with the cowboys, and was out of the league shortly after.

I thought he was going to be an annual double digit sack guy for us. Unfortunately for us, that guy was Junior Gallete. I would have much rathered that guy be Martez Wilson.

Also I was pretty wrong about Stephone Anthony. He was so athletic, he just seemed like an breakout star after his incredible rookie season.

The only bad thing was, he could never grasp the mental aspect of the game. As fans that's some info that is pretty hard for us to access. We dont get to give interviews, and talk to the players, and evaluate how they are coming along with the mental aspect of the game

Nick Toon. So much hype around that kid that I and a lot of posters on SR bought into it. But unfortunately he was a dud.

Yep, I was one.

N on the flip side of the coin, there was Michael Thomas!

Man, when we drafted him, I was like...

“Who???” ?

?

The 2 players I did get right were Carl Nicks n Jimmy Graham. 2 All Pros, baby ( Jus broke my arm tryin to pat myself on the back! ?)!

I've been wrong on too many but I can say when we drafted Kamara i ran around the house like a little kid on Christmas. My favorite player to ever wear the orange and white. Ordered my 41 jersey as soon as numbers were assigned.

Good: Cam Jordan. I heard of him from Cal and watched the film of him after we drafted him and I wasn't impressed. He looked like a good run-stuffing DE but didn't think he'd consistently put up good sack numbers. Oh boy.....

Bad: I'm listing two players I haven't seen yet. Just to add to the discussion.

1.) Vaccaro - Don't get me wrong, he was a pretty decent safety but I thought he'd be the next Ronnie Lott lol. I vividly remember his highlight tape and being enamored with one play where he jumped over a RB and sacked a QB. He just looked so athletic and hard-hitting.

2.) John Jenkins - Watching him in the SEC, I thought he'd be our dominating run-stuffing DT. Kind of like Vince Wilfork. NOPE!

Man I was wrong about Martez Wilson. I thought that dude was going to be like Ray Lewis. I think it was because for so long we had been so starved for quality linebackers.

Not a pick but a FA I was wrong about - Kevin Kaesviharn. Dude has like 8 INTs with the Bengals I thought he was going to be a ball hawk here and.......................nope.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom