In the shelter... (1 Viewer)

Oh props to our weathermen and storm chasers... Because of them people had warning.

Joe

I was on 35 in Moore when it hit. I have some pics on my phone. I was driving from San Antonio back to Wichita. I was in the OKC area from about 1445 until 2015. All the roads were blocked. I finally found an escape route, 35 south to 9 west then 4 north then 40 to 35. It was crazy. I will try to post some of my cell pics later.

Ironically - and sadly- many people never heard of Moore until there was less of it.

Thanks. I think I will go with the Salvation Army. I saw a few minutes ago that they were wanting diapers and sports drink. Seems like money to them would make it ti the victims a lot faster.

This more money will reach the victims!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh props to our weathermen and storm chasers... Because of them people had warning.

Joe

Glad you made out. That was a very close call for you.

The storm chasers and mets did a fantastic job on the storm. I just got back from a quick storm chase trip and was listening to the KOCO broadcast on the storm and they were on it the entire way. I missed it and was on a storm to the SW near Lindsay, Ok at the time. The KOCO and KFOR teams had people on the storm 20 minutes before a tornado formed and had street locations, storm movement and tornado intensity the whole way through. If a storm like that hit an area with a similar population density in the south the death toll would be much higher because of the lack of storm chasers down here.

Just the day before I was on the Edmond and Shawnee tornadoes, not nearly as intense but hopefully the people impacted by those two tornadoes aren't forgotten because they did a lot of damage as well.

Scary stuff. We just missed a touchdown by 1/2 mile in Edmond Sunday. I flew to Ft Worth Monday morning to try and finish a recording project I've been working on and only had my phone to rely on at the guys house I stay at out in the country cause he doesn't have television service. So I only had a general idea of how bad it was. My first clue should have been when I started getting messages from just about anyone who has my phone number checking on me.

At DFW airport headed home a day early today to help with the efforts. My wife has already set up a collection point at our business for the animals and ordered things the Animal Resource Center said they desperately needed. She's about to head down there and take them some more supplies. We have a friend and her daughter and their dogs supposed to start staying with us tomorrow. The tornado came within 1200 feet of their house. They have no power or water. Crazy thing is I just heard from my wife that CNN hired Madi for the week to report on the disaster. We are taking in as many displaced animals as we can at our business for no charge. Drives me crazy when prople try to take advantage after disasters.

Really not looking forward to flying over Moore on the way in as again, I'm just now seeing a lot of this for the first time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom