In these times, I am thankful for.... (1 Viewer)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
...so many things. I realize how blessed I am more and more each day, thinking about things in a whole new light. Just a few of the things I'm thankful for (in no particular order, except for the first one):

1. Even though my diocese has shut down public Mass, the kids and I were able to watch a livestreamed local Mass and receive a Spiritual Communion. As a Catholic, I'm greatly missing receiving Holy Communion, but the Spiritual Communion gave me a much greater sense of peace.
2. My SR.com family. Seriously, even though there are far too few of you that I've met in person, you are all very close to my heart. I'm really not sure what I would do without this resource to turn to each and every day. (Thank you @Andrus for giving us this home - I need to make a donation to the site, which I'll take care of in a moment.)
3. My cell phone / home internet. This is allowing me to stay in contact with my family and friends with great ease, thus providing greater peace and calm.
4. My actual family. My kids drive me a little crazy more than a little bit of the time, especially since we're all cooped up together more, but I wouldn't trade them for the world. I will risk my health to go out to the stores to get the food and supplies they need to remain healthy and happy. It's my job.
5. My rural community. I'm thankful to live in the area that I do since it offers wide open spaces, fresh air, and fewer people. This affords me a greater ability to move around and feel a bit more normal.

What are you thankful for?

I'm thankful that all of my kids are home with us. I'm thankful that I'm able to work at home and that I still have a job. I'm thankful that we have a little food and toilet paper, :yes:.

I'm thankful to have this community to share our lives and ideas with fellow Saints fans. There's so much more.

So, in spite of all of the mess going on in the world, we still have each other and I do wish everyone well, and those who are sick, whether from the flu, CV19 or anything else, I hope for a healthy recovery. Who dat!

Americans, like these folks:

I received a Jesuit newsletter yesterday, and it said, “a call went out in North Texas on Facebook for volunteers to help deliver food & supplies to those in need and 4000 people responded.”

Some folks just aren’t too scared to help their fellow man. ??????

I am thankful I live in America. Other countries are beautiful, too, and I am thankful I've gotten to visit a few; but it also makes me appreciate what we have here and I won't take it for granted.

1. My family - I have the best family on Earth. They are all literally gold and I love them so much.
2. The human experience - I love that we are all in this fight together and can only grow closer to work to defeat a common enemy. So often we have disputes between countries, wars, alleged happenings, whatever..So much drama and even bloodshed. At least now there are so many good people from so many countries around the world displaying the great human spirit..This will hurt us but we are resilient, the people will win..and I hope we grow closer because of it.
3. The great outdoors - I've increasingly become more of a tree hugger. I hike at least 3 times a week and am so grateful for the beauty and force of nature. The delicate intricacies in every living thing and the abundance of air I breathe that gives me energy..It just makes me want to protect and help natural life on this planet. I've loved it since I was a kid and I hope to be able to give even a quarter of what I've taken away from the natural world before I die.

thankful that I have great family that can help with my kids since school is out.
Also that I work in an industry that is considered essential infrastructure and I can continue to work (fertilizer industry).

3. The great outdoors - I've increasingly become more of a tree hugger. I hike at least 3 times a week and am so grateful for the beauty and force of nature. The delicate intricacies in every living thing and the abundance of air I breathe that gives me energy..It just makes me want to protect and help natural life on this planet. I've loved it since I was a kid and I hope to be able to give even a quarter of what I've taken away from the natural world before I die.

Yes! This week I saw actual honeybees and smelled the orange (satuma) blossoms. Made me not want to cut the grass and disturb them. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom