In Vegas last week…… (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I know the famous last words regarding gambling are …..”this can’t lose”…..

But…..this can’t lose.

The Saints O/U for wins is 8.5

That’s a 9-8 record.

With 4 games against the Falcons and Panthers who both are starting over.

With 2 more against the Bucs who we have a .9888 winning % against lately.

We won 8 last year with FOUR starting QBs.

We won 8 last year when our #1 WR will be our #4-5 WR this year.

We won 8 last year and lost 2 strictly in the foot of our backup K (Deez Lutz is back)

My only thought is some injury/suspension questions……JW, AK, MT.

This seems like a automatic.

Another one that seemed too good to be true was NE Pats over was also 8.5.

Last time I checked Belichek is still the coach over there.

Vegas doesn’t get them all correct - but they do get a lot of them. I’m still trying to decipher what it is about us that they see a 8 or 9 win season when we were able to achieve that with much less offensive talent and a couple of Covid impacted games.

My hope is that they are simply playing things conservative and keeping expectations low for the Saints due to Payton not being there this year (still strange to type that).

Anyway, I’m not the gambling type but when I look at this team i say - “what areas have we not improved from last year’s 9-8 team?!?”

Vegas doesn’t get them all correct - but they do get a lot of them. I’m still trying to decipher what it is about us that they see a 8 or 9 win season when we were able to achieve that with much less offensive talent and a couple of Covid impacted games.

My hope is that they are simply playing things conservative and keeping expectations low for the Saints due to Payton not being there this year (still strange to type that).

Anyway, I’m not the gambling type but when I look at this team i say - “what areas have we not improved from last year’s 9-8 team?!?”
As I understand it, Vegas sets odds not for how they think the games will turn out, but for how the bets are coming in. If the money starts to change, then those lines will move.

As I understand it, Vegas sets odds not for how they think the games will turn out, but for how the bets are coming in. If the money starts to change, then those lines will move.

Exactly. Vegas sets their odds to make money. It has nothing to do with who they think will win or the freaking refs.

I bet some at 7.5 and 8 a while back. Vegas started bringing the total up when we signed some solid FA, including Landry! Hopefully, we will all crush the total!

But do the refs have something to do with Vegas making money... that's been the question for a long time now.

No. They don't.

They're humans and make mistakes and the NFL is too freaking cheap to pay them a full time salary so they can spend all year perfecting their craft.

I bet some at 7.5 and 8 a while back. Vegas started bringing the total up when we signed some solid FA, including Landry! Hopefully, we will all crush the total!
I got in at 7.5. I thought it was a very strong bet and I wish that I had bet much more at that number.

If you believe that CRAP then just stop watching.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom