In week 17, should we play our starters if Carolina is still in the mix for a wildcard? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I just read Carolina still has a chance to get the last wildcard spot if this scenario happens. Which is, MN loses both games which are possible since they have two tough games and the Eagles beat Redskins in week 17. (assuming Eagles and Redskins both lose this weekend which is possible given Redskins play at TN and Eagles play the Texans). We have basically wrapped up the 1 seed and I am sure after this weekend, it will become official. So I am just wondering, if this scenario happens, should we play our starters in week 17 to end the dreams of one of our rivals? Plus, I want to bring out the broom.

I just read Carolina still has a chance to get the last wildcard spot if this scenario happens. Which is, MN loses both games which are possible since they have two tough games and the Eagles beat Redskins in week 17. (assuming Eagles and Redskins both lose this weekend which is possible given Redskins play at TN and Eagles play the Texans). We have basically wrapped up the 1 seed and I am sure after this weekend, it will become official. So I am just wondering, if this scenario happens, should we play our starters in week 17 to end the dreams of one of our rivals? Plus, I want to bring out the broom.
one of the games MN has is against Chicago who still has a lot of play for trying to get the 2 seed.

The only wildcard the Panthers will be seeing is the movie, which coincidentally is as bad as they are.

If we have HFA locked up, no.

I wouldn't risk injuries to key players when all we have to gain is keeping Carolina out of the playoffs.

Kuechly can obviously diagnose our offense pretty well but there is no chance of Cam Newton suddenly turning into a decent QB with his current shoulder injury situation.

if we have the #1 seed locked up, the only thing I care about is being healthy for the playoffs. wrap all our starters in bubble wrap and empty the bench.

I wouldn't risk injuries to key players when all we have to gain is keeping Carolina out of the playoffs.

Kuechly can obviously diagnose our offense pretty well but there is no chance of Cam Newton suddenly turning into a decent QB with his current shoulder injury situation.
All of you make sense, but how sweet it would be to bring out the broom again and personally, I dislike the panthers even more than the falcons.

I’m I the only one that would like for Carolina to make the playoffs? We can then by a 6-pack of brooms.

You bought that Kuechly BS they were trying to pass off last night? He can't diagnose crap. One play he claimed he knew what we were doing but Kamara ended up 1 v 1 with Reid on the outside because everyone bit down to the middle, had Kamara slipped the tackle as he used to, he would've walked in for an easy 20ish yd TD.

If Saints beat the Steelers, Teddy Bridgwater should play the whole game, and rest as many people as possible.
Well, but you don't think resting starters for 3 weeks is a long time that there is a possiblity they will be rusty? If we rest our starters in week 17, they won't play for 3 weeks.

Well, but you don't think resting starters for 3 weeks is a long time that there is a possiblity they will be rusty? If we rest our starters in week 17, they won't play for 3 weeks.

How do you figure? The last game of the season is 12/30. The Divisional game will be on 1/12. How do you come to three weeks?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom