In week 17, should we play our starters if Carolina is still in the mix for a wildcard? (1 Viewer)

Who cares if they make the playoffs!!! You take care of your players first and not even worry about who's in the playoffs. If we have #1 seed locked up, rest them.

I'm feeling like the offense will come around back in the comfy confines of the Superdome. We should go all out to beat whichever Steelers team shows up, then rest the key players in week 17. As poorly as the Panthers played last night AT HOME, our backups should handle them in our house and sweep them right out of the dome.

Like 2009-10. How did that season end?
Yeah, that is true, but look at some other #1 seeds who rested for three weeks in the past, the 15-1 packers (lost to the Giants divisional round), the 13-3 Cowboys #1 seed lost to the Giants divisional round) Am I seeing a pattern regarding the Giants here?>

3 weeks. The last regular season game (against Carolina-- starters sit...1 week)... the Wildcard round, Saints on a bye (2 weeks), then play in the divisional round (3 weeks).
If our first team offense struggles against pittsburgh but we win and therefore officially clinch the #1 seed, are we going to feel confident enough that our offense got it together without playing for 3 weeks? Just saying....

We'll know by then but they've got a 4% shot. Falcons just put up a 40 burger against Redskins. No way Panties beat Failcons. There won't be anything for them to play for. We'll see Teddy

We'll know by then but they've got a 4% shot. Falcons just put up a 40 burger against Redskins. No way Panties beat Failcons. There won't be anything for them to play for. We'll see Teddy
You're most likely right, and if Teddy plays like I think he can still play, we can still bring out the broom!

I think anyone with even a bruise will sit and everyone else will play at least a few series. 3 weeks is a long time to go without playing.

Sit anybody who is carrying any sort of injury, however minor, and especially if they've suited up all year.

Otherwise, I'd like to see the majority of our starters play for at least a half. Rhythm on offense is real and so is ring rust. I wouldn't be entirely comfortable with guys coming off a three-week break up against a match-hardened Dallas/Seattle outfit coming to the Dome with momentum from the Wild Card round. That includes Drew.

I actually think it would help guys like Armstead and Ginn (if available) to get some reps before playoffs too. The inclination is to put them in cotton wool but we also want to know if they are going to be durable in January.

Newton can't throw down field, you just stop McCaffrey and they lose. If it wasn't for a trick play, they would only have had 2 points at best last night. They won't be contending and even if they were its not worth it. We rest our banged up guys and give them 3 weeks to prep. The Oline needs to be as healthy as possible for the final stretch.

Carolina is out. They were eliminated last night.

This topic's question has already answered itself with last night's results.

Carolina has less than a 1% chance of making playoffs. Kind of a moot point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom