Inauguration Day 1/20/17

LOONEY

gulf war vet
Reaction score
So we are one day from inauguration day, i took off today(watching Peotus arriving in D.C.) and friday since myself and my family are planning a all-american day watch party, Mom is making pane veal , im grilling burgers and dogs, Dad picked up a few six packs of yuengling beer and i have some Huge fireworks left over from new years.

What are some of your plans ? anything special ?

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
You took two vacation days for the inauguration? To watch Fox News for two days? Wow. If you were actually going to the inauguration, I could see it as being reasonable. But to watch television for two days...nah.

Not surprised, but adds more fodder to my belief that there is nothing that this man can do over the next four years that you won't cheer regardless of the actual action being taken.

lades

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So we are one day from inauguration day, i took off today(watching Peotus arriving in D.C.) and friday since myself and my family are planning a all-american day watch party, Mom is making pane veal , im grilling burgers and dogs, Dad picked up a few six packs of yuengling beer and i have some Huge fireworks left over from new years.

He's not my president. I'm not Russian.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm working.

And to be fair, I worked on Obama's as well. I was in college for Bush's.

Last edited:

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score

I hope you're not serious.

People are pinning far too much hope on this pitiful man.

I worry for how people are going to handle the failure.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Looney - i'm taking your advice - i'm building a bunker
i've already stocked it with provisions from whole foods and trader joes because i assume they're closing soon and only Rouses will be allowed to operate in La.

I've armed myself with the works of Diego Rivera and Arthur Miller b/c i'm assuming HUAC 3 is on the way

no more potatoes for me because i assume that's how Russia is dispersing its sterility pills

unfortunately i don't have a handgun so it's probably only a number of days before the grizzly bears get me

other than that i'll just continue to pinch myself until i finally wake up from this nightmare

TheMike62987

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Bruh, you took two days off of work to watch a scumbag, who wouldn't pee on your gums if your teeth were on fire, be inaugurated into office. Priorities man, go find some.

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
There's a sucker born every minute.

RussTKD

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If tomorrow were my Friday off, I'd watch the inauguration. But it's not. So I'll come to work and be productive like any other Friday I'm at work.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I (genuinely) hope you enjoy your time with your family and feeling patriotic. Trump supporters and others who want to participate in this wonderful American tradition (of the peaceful transition through a public oath and celebration of the new administration) should be happy and proud to do so. Have fun!

Personally, I'm not going to be watching it or participating at all because I know that Trump will bastageize and gloat about ratings and other metrics, even if people are watching dissent coverage (like Comedy Central) - it's still going to be captured in ratings and Trump will claim it to be support. Just like I'm sure he's going to count the protesters in his total attendance numbers. The best way to not contribute to his narcissism is to abstain entirely.

And that's the real issue with Trump for me. I didn't support it but I'm willing to lend an open mind and hope for success with policy positions like tax reform, trade reform, and regulatory reform. If Trump were like most presidents that you could value based on their policies and their style, I would be willing to give this thing an honest chance.

But I continue to see regular evidence of genuine (and unusual) personality flaws in Trump that trouble me for someone in the office of the President. I'm certainly not going to feed them.

BIGSAINTSFAN

Retired "USMC" Warrior
Reaction score
I have two options:
1. Watch scumbag Trump get sworn in as president

Or

2. Pull my fingernails and toenails off one by one.

I am heading to buy tweezers in a few minutes. I am looking forward to the pain. Nails are overrated any way!!!!

Oye

carry all the groceries in in one trip
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm gonna go get some of that free Canadian healthcare

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom