Incorporating Deonte Harris and Trequan Smith more (1 Viewer)

Harris just needs to keep earning trust. His involvement was a huge step forward.

I think TQS isn’t 100% right now. Maybe he can find a second wind late in the season, but he just seems to be dealing with something. Much like Kamara.

Agreed on both points. We're all obviously disappointed in the outcome of the game but there were quite a few bright spots that I forgot about.

Deonte Harris could really develop into a Sproles-lite type weapon and that would give us something we've been missing for quite a while. As far as TQS, I just think he needs more opportunities.

Could his lack of targets be that he was unable to get open

That goes back to my "this or that" comment. you cant substantiate that because the ball either goes to MT, Kamara or Cook, TQS was targeted on his touchdown catch and run...you want more out of TQS then target him more, he came out of a bunch set so if that's a way to get him the ball do more of that, Payton knows how to draw up plays to get the ball in the hands of his playmakers.

I’m going to say it again and I’m sure that I will get flamed again (don’t care, it’s what I see). TQS does not have any kind of “dog” in him. He’s too finesse. Just look how he got pushed to the ground on that fake punt. Get up and let the defender know you won’t take that. He had zero inclination to get up and defend himself. I’ve seen that in a couple of games and I’m sure opposing teams see that on film. And I’m not asking for him to chirp all game, flex, or anything, but just stand up for yourself and don’t back down. And if someone is going to be quiet or finesse, then beat the guy across from you repeatedly, like Colston did.

I actually think that this 49ers game showed us that we should incorporate harris and trequan more. I would like to see harris in jet sweeps or even to take the top off of the defense.
Have Harris out there with Taysom Hill at QB. If someone is going to hit Harris in stride it will be Hill. Hill has the arm.

It seems like TQS's catches have all been difficult grabs where he has to stretch out, or where he is about to get nailed. Like the catch earlier this year where the DB ripped his helmet off. The drops have been easy, between-the-numbers throws. Maybe Drew should purposely throw away from his body to make the catch more difficult.

A WR tailor made for Cam Newton!!!

LOL, but not all that far fetched. There's been quite a few WRs over the years that will drop WIDE open soft throws directly to their numbers 8 times out of 10... Then catch those unbelievable diving mis-throws with 3 defenders hanging of of them 8 times out of 10.

Harris is a huge threat in space. After capitalizing on his opportunity, I'd expect Payton to try to get him the ball more. TQ, we've been waiting for him to catch on for a while. He has flashed, but had some bad luck with injuries. Hopefully he's now on the right track. Any additional weapons are going to help tremendously, especially come playoff time. We'll be facing the best of the best, and they'll be keying in on Thomas, Kamara, and Cook. If guys like TQ and Harris can step up, that will give us an edge in gameplanning.

Harris had such a great game against
SAN Fran.. I rewatched all his highlights. Love his vision and burst

What we saw in the S.F. game was a LOT of potential realized!! From Cook early ( such a senseless loss as the defender who hit him was very close to being ejected if I'm the Ref and then, IF I'm the REF? I don't make that foolish call against Chauncy Gardener!! The hit on Cook was clearly speared while the call against CGS was an impossible situation.
Regardless, we got a bit of a taste of where Coach is headed as we near our Play-off spot. Do just enough to win out from here on (It's ALL our TEAM can do) and let's see how the rest of the NFC plays out. Since we need the 9'ers to lose again,, I'm praying for them to lose to Rams or Seahawks--whomever they have left so we can gain the #1 or #2 Seed. Even if we don't? I feel we can BEAT ANY TEAM put in front of us. Our left side held up well vs the SF line and TQS and Harris played really well, and we need Cook BACK! He's become what we had hoped for and the development of Harris and TQS along with TGJr. being a positive are going to be KEY! Wish Apple could make some Ints as we finish out the season so as to get that "feeling" of being a strong player once again, as Lattimore must turn his defense into an INT. machine! Our D-line could have pressured more but did shine through on occasion but need MORE from them as we rest a few to regain health..

All in all?? I'm feeling very confident or at least as strong as our guys should be feeling anyway!

I love seeing Harris out there but I don't think he'll last long if we try to make him do too much. There's a reason you don't many guys his size have long careers in the NFL.

I believe Trequan struggles to create separation at times. Maybe with a few more years he can become a better route runner. I think we should start getting the ball to Trequan in space. I would like to see more drags or screens to him. He has good burst with the ball in his hands. The plays from last sunday and the one from the Rams game come to mind.

I’m going to say it again and I’m sure that I will get flamed again (don’t care, it’s what I see). TQS does not have any kind of “dog” in him. He’s too finesse. Just look how he got pushed to the ground on that fake punt. Get up and let the defender know you won’t take that. He had zero inclination to get up and defend himself. I’ve seen that in a couple of games and I’m sure opposing teams see that on film. And I’m not asking for him to chirp all game, flex, or anything, but just stand up for yourself and don’t back down. And if someone is going to be quiet or finesse, then beat the guy across from you repeatedly, like Colston did.

This. He does seem very passive. Ppl can say what they will about guys like T.O., Dez, Steve Smith or even MT @ times but u need scrappy, headstrong guys like that @ WR

TQS's softness probably shows up in his route running most of the time too IMO. Seemingly no since of urgency in it, just out there goin thru the motions. Hopefully CSP has noticed this n will get in his grill about it. He has all the ability to be successful. Just needs to find a lil grit in him

As for Harris, he's a bad man (or should I say bad lil boy LoL). Some may worry about his size but u gotta catch the rabbit 1st before u can hit him. I think he could take Ginn's spot for sure n should be given a few routes to run from here on out

Yes you incorporate Harris more.

TQS doesn't fall under that category, he just needs to play much better to find more balls coming his way.

I think Harris is going to be a nice little wrinkle SP will have for the playoffs. We saw a glimpse of that against the 49ers. I think he can do some of the things we've done with AK the past few years in the passing game. Get him the ball quickly and let him work in space.

With him and Hill in the game at the same time we could see all sorts of wacky stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom