Incredible Covers! (2 Viewers)

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Since it's so very hard to spend any time on a computer without finding something fascinating on YouTube (or similar websites), I felt the urge to post one of the things that I find to be incredible as far as music videos go.

It's no secret that I am a big fan of classic rock. Obviously there is a whole new generation of people who had adopted this style of music as there own.
But when it comes to cover songs, most mucisians tend to be purists, feeling that an EXACT copy of an original song completely takes the 'art' from the music.

I can certainly understand that. However, I also feel that the level of accuracy in perfecting every detail of an original score is an art form in itself!
Some of the kids I've subscribed to (on YouTube) who have demonstrated their amazing talent to reproducing some of these rock classics are beyond incredible to me.

I'm sure that many here will already know some of the musicians that have posted some of their stuff on YouTube, but I'd just like to use this thread to give some big time props to any real quality cover that someone may want to post here. I'll start with two exceptional covers which I feel are done PERFECTLY!
:9:

These are of such good quality they would make GREAT karaoke songs! In fact I've belted out the lyrics to these tunes many times in recent months! :hihi:

Last edited:

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
And while I'm here, I'm going to go ahead and take umbrage to this comment. Why is it that whenever someone mentions sacrificing their (or in your case, another's) testicle we all automatically make the proclamation that it's the left one that has to get the chop? My left nut is so much better than my right nut it's not even funny.

Lefty is exactly the right shape and size, never swells when the weather changes, hangs at precisely the right level and is basically anything and everything a man could ever want a testicle to be.

But Righty? I don't know what I'm going to do with that kid. He's misshapen and lumpy, when it's hot he hangs uncomfortably low, when it's cold he disappears to the point I can sometimes barely find him and whenever I'm sitting for a long period of time in a meeting or at a movie he always manages to find a way to stick to the side of my thigh and pinch me whenever I move (which probably has more to do with my ball skin than Righty himself but I just know he's the one convincing my skin to do it. Dude's a bad seed and bad influence and always has been). I keep thinking one day Righty's going to grow up, mature and quit being so much of a problem child, but truth be told, he's not getting better, he's getting worse!

So why is it that if I'm ever faced with a situation (unlikely as that ever may be) where one of baby-batter-boys has to be removed in exchange for something that I'm going to automatically be assumed to want to part with Lefty, who's never been anything but a perfect testicle, a loyal friend and, frankly, a role model for every other part on my body? Huh?

Look, I'd love to keep them both, but I decided long ago that if it ever came down to it I'm getting rid of Righty and not even so much as glancing back. I don't expect you, as a woman, to understand or sympathize with this sort of thing, all I'm asking is that you (and everyone else for that matter) be a little more cognizant of the issue in the future. Thank you.
I'm the exact opposite, my left one can go it's the right one that needs to stay.

OP
Bill

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My tribute to the iconic song 'Africa' in the style of Toto.
Please forgive me for the falsetto parts of the cover. There's no way I can reach that register of vocals. :covri:
What else was I going to do during this lockdown. :idunno:

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Please forgive me for the falsetto parts of the cover. There's no way I can reach that register of vocals. :covri:

One of my favorite songs ever, this better be good! ??

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Not bad at all Bill.
Some Journey next. Or Alan Parsons Project Eye In The Sky.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Headlines

Top Bottom